Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 02:05:30:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660556 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3  Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 905 times)
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #24 on: 10 12, 10, 12:13:25:PM » Reply

How conservative would one have to be, before you support electroshock?? Would you execute one if they don't recant conservativism?
lluke47

« Reply #25 on: 10 12, 10, 12:23:20:PM » Reply

When the liberal starts a personal attack against a well informed argument they are signaling their defeat..
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #26 on: 10 12, 10, 12:34:23:PM » Reply

While that is doubtfull, Kook, I say we give you the benefit of that doubt

Since this is alll actual history you should give more than the benefit of the doubt.

Here you go, I'll even give you the Fox "News" soft-pedalled version that tries to convince you that Granpa Bush was not really the willing and active supporter of Hitler and the Nazis he was:

WASHINGTON —  President Bush's grandfather was a director of a bank seized by the federal government because of its ties to a German industrialist who helped bankroll Adolf Hitler's rise to power, government documents show.

Prescott Bush (search) was one of seven directors of Union Banking Corp. (search), a New York investment bank owned by a bank controlled by the Thyssen family, according to recently declassified National Archives documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Fritz Thyssen (search) was an early financial supporter of Hitler, whose Nazi party Thyssen believed was preferable to communism. The documents do not show any evidence Bush directly aided that effort. His position with Union Banking never was a political issue for Bush, who was elected to the Senate from Connecticut in 1952.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100474,00.html

another version:

Prescott's involvement with Nazi finance is more complicated. Though Thyssen had been an ardent backer of the Nazis in the early days, he broke with them in 1938 after the Kristallnacht pogrom against the Jews. He fled to Switzerland the following year, and Hitler confiscated his fortune and stripped him of his citizenship. In I Paid Hitler Thyssen confessed his role in financing the Nazis and denounced the Führer. Arrested in Vichy France, he spent the balance of the war as an Axis prisoner.

Prescott Bush, for his part, owned a single share of stock (of 4,000) in UBC, the Thyssen bank. According to a 2001 Boston Globe piece, the New York Herald Tribune ran a story in July 1942 headlined "Hitler's Angel Has 3 Million in US Bank," in which Prescott and other BBH partners "explain[ed] to government regulators that their position [as directors of UBC] was merely an unpaid courtesy for a client."

So, did Bush and his firm finance the Nazis and enable Germany to rearm?

Indirectly, yes.

But they had a lot of company. Some of the most distinguished names in American business had investments or subsidiaries in prewar Germany, including Standard Oil and General Motors. Critics have argued for years that without U.S. money, the Nazis could never have waged war. But American business has always invested in totalitarian regimes--witness our dealings with mainland China.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2434/was-president-bushs-great-grandfather-a-nazi

Thanks, cap'n.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #27 on: 10 12, 10, 03:03:43:PM » Reply

Bob, I can see just how far you got with these people...nowhere.

So, Assholerod has the right to claim the GOP is full of witches and exploits money from foreign sources like Nazis, but no one else has the right to claim the same of the Democrats?

Interesting...

Obama's foreign terrorist donations connection...I mean, everyone else has the right to claim anything they like, without proof, just like Assholerod, right?

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/secret-foreign-terrorist-money-floods-obama-campaign

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/10/obama-accepts-d.html

BTW, I have no intention of voting for Bush again either...

Pages: 1 2 3  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Question
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About