Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 03:28:03:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Hot, Hot, Hot... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Hot, Hot, Hot...  (Read 971 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #12 on: 06 29, 21, 02:35:00:PM » Reply

I love the idea of both solar and wind power, but my husband thinks the initial costs and potential costs for battery storage will be too much for us to see any benefit before we leave this Earth.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #13 on: 06 30, 21, 02:14:05:AM » Reply

Nice to see you Don.  I've been in San Dimas at ny daughter's for a month and have been back in Oregon for a couple of weeks now.  Over the weekend Salem hit 115 degrees and set a record.  We live a little east of there and it was like an inferno stepping outside.  I have had my AC set at 76 running non-stop  but put it down over the 2 day heatwave.  I was more comfortable in sunny so. Cal than I am here in Marion County Oregon.
dondc

« Reply #14 on: 06 30, 21, 12:40:08:PM » Reply

There are incentives in Calif at least that will put solar and batteries on your on and in your home at no cost out of pocket.  Fact some will get a little cash.  This lowers your electric bill some, and the electricity you produce pays for the equipment.  Friends in Lodi had solar installed five or six years ago.  Their bill went from over $300 a month to less to an average of $126.  They will own the solar panels out right after ten years. 
There may be such programs in Washington. 
My sister already had solar panels on her house and checked into batteries.  They would cost her 25K.  She is buying an inverter to charge an electric car, and a used Nissan Leaf for less.  the battery in the Leaf is supposed to power her house for three days in a power outage.  She has a negative electric bill now.  At all electric care charges will do that.  It has to be a special inverter. 
She lives in Sebastopol California and doesn't have AC. 
My panels were paid for when we bought the house.  They mentioned the several time when wee were looking!  We pay a small service fee from zero to around $10 a month to the grid owner.  So.Cal. Edison.  We have received a check for power we produced once a year for between $200 t0 $350.
dondc

« Reply #15 on: 06 30, 21, 12:48:54:PM » Reply

Hi Em!  Nice to hear from you too!  I'm sure you had AC in San Dimas, can get hot there too.  Very hot a few days back.
I was close to you several times too.  I go to Loma Linda University Medical Center to deal with my Cochlear Implant processor.  Trying to get an updated one. 

I missed your post about your husband.  I very sorry for your loss.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Hot, Hot, Hot...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory