Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 10:43:32:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660923 Posts in 298643 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The $15 crime bill 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: The $15 crime bill  (Read 18 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 02 26, 21, 01:15:25:AM » Reply

The Senate parliamentarian ruled Thursday that the $15 per hour minimum wage cannot be included in the Democrats’ proposed $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package.

The controversial proposal in the House bill seeks to gradually raise the federal minimum wage, which has been at $7.25 an hour since 2009, to $15 by 2025.

Elizabeth MacDonough, the chief Senate parliamentarian, has decided that the minimum wage increase cannot be included under the budget reconciliation process, according to multiple reports.

Per the Byrd Rule—a procedural step for determining the eligibility of a provision to be included in a reconciliation bill—MacDonough and her team heard arguments from Democrats and Republicans about whether the wage increase aligns with reducing the budget deficit. She decided that the wage increase did not meet the criteria to be included in the bill under the reconciliation process.

Democrats in the House and Senate earlier this month sought to fast track Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus package by passing a budget resolution to start the reconciliation process that would allow the bill to move forward by simply majority votes, instead of needing 60 votes threshold to break any possible filibuster before coming to a vote in the tied Senate that gives Vice President Kamala Harris the tie-breaking vote. The reconciliation process also limits debate to 20 hours and does not allow filibuster in the Senate, among other requirements.

The decision by the Senate parliamentarian suggests that any minimum wage increase provisions cannot be passed with a simple Senate majority and would require bipartisan support.
Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-S.C) welcomed the decision on Twitter, writing, “Very pleased the Senate Parliamentarian has ruled that a minimum wage increase is an inappropriate policy change in reconciliation. This decision reinforces reconciliation cannot be used as a vehicle to pass major legislative change—by either party—on a simple majority vote. This decision will, over time, reinforce the traditions of the Senate.”
https://www.theepochtimes.com/senate-parliamentarian-rules-15-minimum-wage-cannot-be-included-in-covid-19-stimulus-bill_3712004.html
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #1 on: 02 26, 21, 01:33:04:AM » Reply

I guess you Trumpers will win again so you can continue to make Americans SUFFER at $7.25 an hour!

How the fuck do you sleep at night KNOWING to are punishing hard working Americans?
How do you not have nightmares KNOWING you are making America lag behind the rest of the world?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 02 26, 21, 04:21:38:PM » Reply

Who is suffering at $7.25 an hour?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #3 on: 02 27, 21, 12:07:39:AM » Reply

D2D

« Reply #4 on: 02 27, 21, 11:21:29:AM » Reply

Seems Truman doesn't know!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The $15 crime bill
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education