Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 07:08:48:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660428 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrats love money pits! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Democrats love money pits!  (Read 33 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 02 25, 21, 05:36:21:PM » Reply

A massive coronavirus relief bill that Democrats plan to pass on a party-line vote includes millions of dollars for a taxpayer-funded nonprofit group with a scandal-ridden history.
NeighborWorks America, an organization chartered by Congress that acts as a sort of Red Cross for homeowners, will receive $100 million through 2025 as part of the nearly $2 trillion emergency spending package, according to a draft released Friday by the House Budget Committee.
But the nonprofit has a track-record of management shortcomings, including sweetheart contracts, document fudging and sudden departures of top officials. According to a 2015 report from Bloomberg News, executives at NeighborWorks awarded at least two large jobs to insiders without bidding — even though under federal rules, recipients of government funds must put jobs worth more than $25,000 up for competition, or justify why they didn't do so.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bidens-covid-relief-bill-includes-100m-for-scandal-plagued-org-once-deemed-unnecessary-by-the-cbo
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #1 on: 02 26, 21, 05:16:08:AM » Reply

On page 95, there is a provision that would authorize the government to pay 85% of the cost that laid-off individuals would otherwise incur (through this September) to continue their health insurance plans through COBRA payments, such named after the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. The financial cost of this subsidy would be $7.8 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
On the face of it, that might appear to be an expenditure plainly directed at combating the pandemic.
But another aspect of this provision would not protect human life; it would take it.
Republican Rep. Jackie Walorski of Indiana offered an amendment in the House Ways and Means Committee that would have applied the Hyde Amendment to these COBRA subsidies and, thus, prevented this money from being used to fund most abortions.
“The Hyde Amendment has been in place for nearly half a century with bipartisan agreement, saving the lives of more than 2 million innocent babies and protecting Americans’ conscience rights,” Walorski told her colleagues on the committee.
“My amendment will preserve this important pro-life safeguard by adding longstanding Hyde protections to this subtitle,” she said. “This will make clear that a taxpayer-subsidized COBRA plan won’t be used to pay for elective abortions. It would also give issuers the chance to instead provide COBRA-eligible plan options that comply with the Hyde Amendment.”
Every Republican on the committee voted for this amendment. Every Democrat voted against it. Because the Democrats control the majority, the amendment failed. The bill will not prohibit COBRA subsidies from funding abortions.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/02/25/1-9-trillion-covid-19-bill-would-pay-for-abortions-and-intersectional-art/

How does Abortion fight COVID-19?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 02 26, 21, 08:34:43:AM » Reply

How does Abortion fight COVID-19? It prevents another case of adult Covid-19 by abortion another term for legalized murder by women that becomes pregnant. 
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 02 26, 21, 08:40:29:AM » Reply

yeah, yeah, yeah.   we know you guys despise the poor.    now whine some more. 
D2D

« Reply #4 on: 02 26, 21, 09:38:07:AM » Reply

Now CCPWvit insists Planned Parenthood is poor!

The bill does nothing for the poor!
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #5 on: 02 26, 21, 10:41:57:AM » Reply

Wow, sounds like Trump Intl, but you NEVER complained about that...
D2D

« Reply #6 on: 02 26, 21, 04:58:09:PM » Reply

D2D

« Reply #7 on: 02 27, 21, 12:04:39:AM » Reply

justincase

« Reply #8 on: 02 27, 21, 12:07:11:AM » Reply

This tells us everything we need to know about you trump cultist scum who bow down and worship at the feet of such slime.

D2D

« Reply #9 on: 02 27, 21, 12:12:54:AM » Reply

justincase

« Reply #10 on: 02 27, 21, 12:16:05:AM » Reply

Speaking of trump cultist scum, dtoody slithers in right on cue. LOL!
D2D

« Reply #11 on: 02 27, 21, 12:16:53:AM » Reply

Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrats love money pits!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory