Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:05:45:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Comparing the Courage of an 11 year old to the Cowardice of Ted Cruz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Comparing the Courage of an 11 year old to the Cowardice of Ted Cruz  (Read 23 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 02 25, 21, 04:14:48:PM » Reply

https://www.yahoo.com/news/courage-north-carolina-coward-texas-161755489.html

Ask me for a profile in courage in the snow, and my answer would be quick and unequivocal:

When we were kids, a rare snowstorm hit Rockingham and forced schools to close. To celebrate the snow day, my buddies and I grabbed our guns – okay, they were sticks that our imaginations turned into guns – and rushed into the woods to play “combat.”

Darrell, my lifelong friend, and I were both about 11, which made us the oldest of our ragtag platoon. His brother Mark was the youngest at about 8.

We were traipsing through the woods wearing their dad’s army helmets from the Korean War, scoping out the enemy of the day, when Mark stepped into a puddle. His shoes and feet got soaked and he began to cry.

Within seconds, Darrell had taken off his boots and put them on his little brother’s feet. We called off the war and ran home to warm up. He ran home barefooted.

That was the most courageous thing I’ve personally ever seen in the snow.

Now, for the most cowardly thing I’ve seen. That would be Sen. Ted Cruz jetting off to Cancun during a deadly Texas snowstorm and power outage, leaving his constituents to suffer with no power, food or heat.

That’s not even the cherry on top of this pile of unplowed snow, though: the absolute worst thing Cruz did was blame his daughters.

In a press release issued by his office – after 12 hours of being incommunicado – Cruz sought to defend himself by saying “With school canceled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon.”

Yikes. It took his brain trust 12 hours to come up with the old “The daughters made me do it” excuse?

First of all, a “good dad” would have stated “Sorry, but there’s a pandemic and we shouldn’t be traveling. Second, our state has been pummeled by a snowstorm, and a senator’s place is here with his constituents trying to help coordinate relief efforts. Now put on your mittens and run next door to see if Miss Betty needs anything.”

Hiding behind his adolescent daughters, predictably, insulated Cruz from criticism about as well as a tee shirt insulated his freezing constituents, some of whom were reduced to burning furniture for heat.

Snow – or how one handles or doesn’t handle it - has stalled many political careers. But now, John Lindsay, Michael Bilandic and Marion Barry, former mayors of New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C., respectively, can all rest easy in their graves, because Cruz is the new reigning king of political snow blindness.
Truman62

« Reply #1 on: 02 26, 21, 01:34:44:AM » Reply

Trumpers CONTINUE to support a COWARD like Ted Cruz.

How very revealing.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #2 on: 02 26, 21, 02:12:43:AM » Reply

You're still whining?  Has no-one come along to change your diapers for you?    Thats gotta be painful.
Truman62

« Reply #3 on: 02 26, 21, 02:20:17:AM » Reply

LOL Can't even address the thread, Jim?

THAT's gotta make your brain hurt...
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 02 26, 21, 02:48:42:AM » Reply

11 year olds have a full set of marbles to work with, unlike the Big Guy and the people who voted for him.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Comparing the Courage of an 11 year old to the Cowardice of Ted Cruz
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory