Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 07:39:39:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660562 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: There is no Meg Whitman-housekeeper scandal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: There is no Meg Whitman-housekeeper scandal  (Read 727 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« on: 10 04, 10, 06:24:09:AM » Reply

There is no Meg Whitman-housekeeper scandal

The Republican candidate for governor of California, Meg Whitman, is looking at a lot of bad press because she employed a housekeeper who lied about her immigration status. Whitman and her husband hired the housekeeper through an agency that provided documentation, including a social security number, driver’s license and I-9 form as proof the woman was a legal U.S. resident. In June of last year when Whitman discovered that the woman who had worked for her for nine years had lied to the agency and to her, she consulted her attorney and terminated her.

Whitman is being attacked by her political opponents for supposed double talk and hypocricy because she has argued in favor of tougher enforcement of immigration laws. But what exactly is the scandal here?

Whitman was lied to by her employee and by the agency that provided documentation of the employee’s legal status. When she discovered the lie, she determined that the legal course of action was to terminate the employee and that’s what she did.

Whitman’s actions are consistent with her position on illegal immigrtion in that she’s argued that the federal government must come down on employers who hire illegal workers. Well, she fired the illegal worker in her employ so what is the hypocrisy?

By the way, at her press conference, Whitman described the conditions under which Nicandra Diaz Santillan was employed. “Whitman said Diaz Santillan worked about 15 hours a week and was paid $23 an hour.” The minimum wage in Calfornia is $8 an hour. No wonder Diaz Santillan didn’t want to look into her false Social Security number, why would anyone want to mess with such a well-paying job, especially when you have no legal right to it?

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/capitol/where_exactly_is_the_meg_whitman_ItZrgIzyUhj51aEP8CrJ2J
Oz

« Reply #1 on: 10 04, 10, 06:26:22:AM » Reply

Yup.  It's all just a dream... 
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #2 on: 10 04, 10, 06:31:15:AM » Reply

Yup.  It's all just a dream... 

One day you and others like you just might wake up. In the meantime, while you and your cabal are asleep at the wheel, the work begins to restore the Country to its intended founding. Pleasant dreams, sleep tight......
Oz

« Reply #3 on: 10 04, 10, 06:43:49:AM » Reply

So far, the Whitman excuses amount to:

1.  It never happened.

2.  Well, yeah, it happened, but I didn't know about it.

3.  Well, yeah, that's my husband's signature, but he forgot about it, and he never tells me anything.

4.  It's Jerry Brown's fault.

5.  Poor immigrant, it's not her fault, it's her lawyer's fault.

6.  Back to #1 - besides, it doesn't mean anything...
John Adams

« Reply #4 on: 10 04, 10, 06:47:49:AM » Reply

Hoser, the issue is quickly becoming more about the illegal alien and the attorney allred than whitman. Now that the smoke has cleared, the view is much clearer.....
Oz

« Reply #5 on: 10 04, 10, 06:50:11:AM » Reply

5.  Poor immigrant, it's not her fault, it's her lawyer's fault.
Oz

« Reply #6 on: 10 04, 10, 06:56:17:AM » Reply

6.  Back to #1 - besides, it doesn't mean anything...
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #7 on: 10 04, 10, 07:39:18:AM » Reply

who would you believe?  a letter from the FEDS saying your maid's social security number is bogus or a maid's application for employment using that bogus social security card?  of course, meg whitman blew off the fed' warning...maybe she felt sorry for the maid, maybe she thought it could be straightened out, whatever....i don't blame her so much for that....but to claim now that she never knew about the letter, that maybe the maid stole the letter before she could see it, all that bullshit-  THAT IS THE LIE THAT MEANS SOMETHING....it shows how basically dishonest she is. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 04, 10, 07:52:11:AM » Reply

Plenty of people want this to stop.  But everyone south of I-80 in California also understands that he or she has probably paid an illegal to do something at some point.  You have to go out of your way to prevent illegals from showing up in your yard or at your door, if you want to contract with someone to do lawn maintenance or pour concrete.  You can take your clothes to be dry-cleaned, or have your oil changed, or buy bags of burger meals at the local joint, and not know you’re paying illegals for the services.

If Allred wants to argue that we should allow more legal immigration, she should go for it.  But she can’t have it both ways:  if it was wrong for Whitman to have an illegal working for her, then it was right for Whitman to fire the illegal.

And if it was terrible of Whitman to fire her illegal maid, then what’s the beef with her employing the woman in the first place?

I can tell Allred this.  Californians are a lot more worried about illegals who commit homicides and flee to Mexico than they are about Meg Whitman and her maid.  They’re more concerned about the illegals driving around uninsured, running into them, destroying their property, and injuring their children.  They’re considerably more concerned about the illegals swelling the welfare rolls and showing up for an ever-growing list of free medical benefits.  They’re very, very concerned about the illegals in the drug trade turning parts of Los Angeles into a war zone – a pattern that falls hardest on the poor of every ethnic background – and the illegals-fueled spread of Latino gangs into the suburbs.

Allred picked the wrong state in which to play the illegal-domestic-help card.  Get back to us when you’ve got something that matters, Gloria.

J.E. Dyer
Oz

« Reply #9 on: 10 04, 10, 07:54:47:AM » Reply

Allred is just suing for back pay and travel expenses Whitman owes the maid...
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #10 on: 10 04, 10, 08:08:42:AM » Reply

what an odd spin....californians don't care if employers employ illegals, even if the feds send out a letter telling them the social security card is bogus.  and they don't care if a politician running for office lies about receiving a letter from the feds telling them their maid's social security number is bogus...okay, dyer, are you thru spinning political bullshit for the GOP yet, you little bitch?
Oz

« Reply #11 on: 10 04, 10, 09:39:20:AM » Reply

Conservative Immigration Group Calls for Whitman’s Arrest   

Oops... 
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: There is no Meg Whitman-housekeeper scandal
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory