Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 07:56:55:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660876 Posts in 298635 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why was this child allowed to board a plane in the first place? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3  Print
Author Topic: Why was this child allowed to board a plane in the first place?  (Read 1554 times)
Oz

« Reply #24 on: 10 04, 10, 09:59:06:AM » Reply

Is there anything Republicans aren't afraid of?    Including smallpox? 
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #25 on: 10 04, 10, 10:01:02:AM » Reply

What the CDC has to say on smallpox

Why Smallpox is a Concern   
Because smallpox was wiped out many years ago, a case of smallpox today would be the result of an intentional act. A single confirmed case of smallpox would be considered an emergency.

Thanks to the success of vaccination, the last natural outbreak of smallpox in the U.S. occurred in 1949. By 1972, routine smallpox vaccinations for children in the U.S. were no longer needed. In 1980, smallpox was said to be wiped out worldwide, and no cases of naturally occurring smallpox have happened since.

Today, the smallpox virus is kept in two approved labs in the U.S. and Russia. However, credible concern exists that the virus was made into a weapon by some countries and that terrorists may have obtained it. Smallpox is a serious, even deadly, disease. CDC calls it a “Category A” agent. Category A agents are believed to present the greatest potential threat for harming public health.
  Possible Ways of Getting Smallpox   
Possible ways to become infected with smallpox include:

• Prolonged face-to-face contact with someone who has smallpox (usually someone who already has a smallpox rash). This was how most people became infected with smallpox in the past. However, a person can be exposed to someone who has smallpox and not become infected.
  • Direct contact with infected bodily fluids or an object such as bedding or clothing that has the virus on it.
  • Exposure to an aerosol release of smallpox (the virus is put in the air). On rare occasions in the past, smallpox was spread by virus carried in the air in enclosed places such as buildings, buses, and trains. The smallpox virus is not strong and is killed by sunlight and heat. In lab experiments, 90% of aerosolized smallpox virus dies within 24 hours; in the presence of sunlight, this percentage would be even greater.
Smallpox is not known to be spread by insects or animals.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #26 on: 10 04, 10, 10:15:58:AM » Reply

We're not talking about smallpox and again, supposedly, international travel restrictions should have prevented any person with OBVIOUS signs of illness from boarding a plane bound for the US in the first place...

Oz

« Reply #27 on: 10 04, 10, 10:42:58:AM » Reply

Is there anything Republicans aren't afraid of?    Including smallpox? 

"Cowards die a thousand deaths, the valiant only one." ...from Bill Shakespeare.

We just had the 20th anniversary of tearing down the Berlin Wall.  Every year, it reminds me again of the cold war.

Memories of how we were lied to most of our lives (or most of my life, at least) by the military/industrial complex about how dangerous the Soviet Union was, when all along they couldn't even feed their own people... and the paranoia of the Strategic Air Command, and the ICBMS and the mutual-destruction theories, and "duck and cover", and "survivable" nuclear war, and all the other nightmares... which negated how far we could have advanced as a nation without all that crap.

Which convinces me once more how far out-of-line our current military budget is, when we spend more than the rest of the world combined...

And the Damocles sword hanging by a thread of all the nuclear weapons still in existance...

Then there was the manufactured fear of some shit-hole third world country one step removed from the stone age  that was no danger to us as a nation, and which can be swatted like the annoying insects they are if they attack us.

Now, it's the manufactured fear of an entire religion (or actually all religions other than fundamentalist Christian) that is somehow, magically, a danger to America, when the only danger is to a very, very small minority of people in a worst case scenario, and certainly no threat to us as a nation.

My God, America, man up!  Yes, keep an eye on those who wish us harm, and stop them before they do, or squash them if they are successful in harming some small part of America.  But for our own sake, quit being afraid of everything all the time!

Nothing, or no one is a serious danger to America as a nation.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." ... FDR

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #28 on: 10 04, 10, 11:05:13:AM » Reply

OZ history is littered with the corpses of nations and people too arrogant or blind to recognize threats!

You can foolishly keep your head firmly planted in the sand as the wolves devour your butt or you can anticipate threats and avoid them!

The choice is yours!

Oz

« Reply #29 on: 10 04, 10, 12:24:20:PM » Reply

Man-up and quit cowering in terror, sissies.  Do it for your own sake!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #30 on: 10 04, 10, 12:28:27:PM » Reply

Only a fool denies dangers and threats!

Such fools should be denied power and avoided at all costs!
Oz

« Reply #31 on: 10 04, 10, 12:29:17:PM » Reply

Quit cowering in the dark, clutching your rolls of plastic sheeting and duct tape and making up doomsday scenarios about sick terrorist babies that are coming to get you.  That way lies madness.
D2D

« Reply #32 on: 10 04, 10, 12:30:17:PM » Reply

Again, OZ proves my point!
Oz

« Reply #33 on: 10 04, 10, 12:40:44:PM » Reply

BTW:  There is no boogie man, and he ain't coming to getcha. 
Pages: 1 2 3  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why was this child allowed to board a plane in the first place?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory