Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:16:10:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Technology  |  PC problems  |  Topic: Windows 10 2004 flaw fix on the way! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Windows 10 2004 flaw fix on the way!  (Read 1354 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 08 29, 20, 08:21:23:PM » Reply

When Microsoft introduced Windows 10 2004 earlier this year, it shipped an errata that may have shortened your SSD’s longevity depending on how often you reboot your machine. The good news is that a fix is on the way and that the problem shouldn’t have caused too many problems between now and when the update dropped, unless you reboot your PC (and pollute your SSD) much, much more than your typical Windows user.
First, here’s the description of the bug itself: Windows 10 2004 shipped with a problem in which the system stopped recording the time since the SSD had last been defragged. Reboot your machine, and the OS forgets how long it’s been and will promptly launch defrag attempts again. This has been treated as potentially causing damage to a solid state drive, and I’m not going to claim it couldn’t, but the chance of this causing meaningful problems is unlikely. Here’s why: While it’s true that defragging an SSD every time you reboot isn’t great for it, SSDs are just like hard drives in one regard: The more often you defrag them, the less work each individual defrag session has to do.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/314335-fix-for-potential-ssd-damaging-bug-coming-in-windows-update
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  Technology  |  PC problems  |  Topic: Windows 10 2004 flaw fix on the way!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory