Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 11:35:28:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663768 Posts in 298907 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Facebook takes down accounts and pages of Trump ally Roger Stone 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Facebook takes down accounts and pages of Trump ally Roger Stone  (Read 29 times)
wvit1001

« on: 07 08, 20, 03:29:43:PM » Reply

Facebook Inc (FB.O) on Wednesday removed 50 personal and professional pages connected to U.S. President Donald Trump’s longtime adviser Roger Stone, who is due to report to prison next week.

The social media platform said Stone and his associates, including a prominent supporter of the right-wing Proud Boys group in Stone’s home state of Florida, had used fake accounts and followers to promote Stone’s books and posts.

Facebook moved against Stone on the same day it took down accounts tied to employees of the family of Brazilian leader Jair Bolsonaro and two other networks connected to domestic political operations in Ecuador and Ukraine.

Nathaniel Gleicher, Facebook’s head of cybersecurity policy, said the removals were meant to show that artificially inflating engagement for political impact would be stopped, no matter how well connected the practitioners.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-disinformation-usa/facebook-takes-down-accounts-and-pages-of-trump-ally-roger-stone-idUSKBN2492YK?utm_source=reddit.com
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 07 08, 20, 03:36:28:PM » Reply

Yep.  Facebook is out of control with their liberal censorship.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 07 08, 20, 03:40:48:PM » Reply

Remember Wvit is only for speech he agrees with just like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, etc.!
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 07 08, 20, 04:22:14:PM » Reply

and I thought you strict constitutionalists would all agree that since Facebook is a private company that there is no free speech issue associated with what they allow on their private platform.   
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #4 on: 07 08, 20, 04:26:51:PM » Reply

Wrong, the Bill of Rights has been applied to businesses repeatedly over the years and that distinction between government and business is getting ever more blurred!

Wvit, why do you insist businesses have the right to silence you?
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 07 08, 20, 04:40:30:PM » Reply

well that's not true d2.    How do you get that the Bill of Rights has been applied to private businesses?    any real examples?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 07 08, 20, 04:51:13:PM » Reply

Being is I don't use FB  (and never have), I would have never missed them.  I believe he was his own privately hosted website, however.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 07 08, 20, 05:55:14:PM » Reply

Facebook is a private company that there is no free speech issue

Wrong!  Free speech is a general issue about the ability to freely express ideas and opinions.
D2D

« Reply #8 on: 07 08, 20, 06:11:18:PM » Reply

wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 07 08, 20, 06:12:53:PM » Reply

private business has the right to decide what they allow posted on their private sites don't they dan?   d2?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 07 08, 20, 06:14:46:PM » Reply

private business has the right to decide what they allow posted on their private sites

Yes, Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram have the right to deny freedom of speech, Vit.  But should they?  Should we tolerate it?
D2D

« Reply #11 on: 07 08, 20, 06:15:59:PM » Reply

So Wvit if your phone service provider decided it didn't like what you post here they could turn off your phone service?

If your internet provider decided it didn't like what you post here they could turn off your internet service?

If you posted comments against your electric utility and they didn't like what you posted could they then turn off your electricity?

Do you have a clue?

If it is wrong to discriminate based on race why isn't it wrong to discriminate based on speech?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Facebook takes down accounts and pages of Trump ally Roger Stone
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory