Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 07:27:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662986 Posts in 298834 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s push to amplify racism unnerves Republicans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump’s push to amplify racism unnerves Republicans  (Read 60 times)
wvit1001

« on: 07 05, 20, 04:03:31:PM » Reply

Trump’s unyielding push to preserve Confederate history and the legacy of white domination, crystallized by his harsh denunciation of the racial justice movement Friday night at Mount Rushmore, has unnerved Republicans who have long enabled him but now fear losing power and forever associating their party with his racial animus.

Although amplifying racism and stoking culture wars have been mainstays of Trump’s public identity for decades, they have been particularly pronounced this summer as the president has reacted to the national reckoning over systemic discrimination by seeking to weaponize the anger and resentment of some white Americans for his own political gain.

Trump has left little doubt through his utterances the past few weeks that he sees himself not only as the Republican standard-bearer, but as leader of a modern grievance movement animated by civic strife and marked by calls for “white power,” the phrase chanted by one of his supporters in a video the president shared last weekend on Twitter. He later deleted the video but did not disavow its message.

Trump put his strategy to resuscitate his troubled reelection campaign by galvanizing white supporters on display Friday night under the chiseled granite gaze of four past presidents memorialized in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

He celebrated Independence Day with a dystopian speech in which he excoriated racial justice protesters as “evil” representatives of a “new far-left fascism” whose ultimate goal is “the end of America.”

Over the years, some Republicans have struggled to navigate Trump’s race baiting and, at times, outright racism, while others have rallied behind him. Bursts of indignation and frustration come and go, but have never resulted in a complete GOP break with the president.

In Richmond, the former capital of the Confederacy, a massive statue of Stonewall Jackson was dismantled to the cheers of onlookers and the ringing of church bells this week, and even in Mississippi, the state legislature voted to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its state flag.

On Capitol Hill, some Republicans fret — mostly privately to avoid his wrath — that Trump’s fixation on racial and other cultural issues leaves their party running against the currents of change. Coupled with the coronavirus pandemic and related economic crisis, these Republicans fear he is not only seriously impairing his reelection chances, but also jeopardizing the GOP Senate majority and its strength in the House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/https:/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-racism-white-nationalism-republicans/2020/07/04/2b0aebe6-bbaf-11ea-80b9-40ece9a701dc_story.html?arc404=true
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #1 on: 07 05, 20, 05:09:16:PM » Reply

Well, that answers my question of what the dems pick up after covid-19 dies.

Racism.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 07 05, 20, 05:10:35:PM » Reply

try again local, that makes no sense at all
seahooker

« Reply #3 on: 07 05, 20, 06:50:03:PM » Reply

you don't think all these protests, peaceful and ugly, don't amplify racism?
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 07 05, 20, 06:52:58:PM » Reply

no.    but I'm sure they have you and you wp buddies all worked up into a lather hooker.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #5 on: 07 05, 20, 06:57:14:PM » Reply

My State was a Slave State....Joe Biden
My State would have fought for the Confederacy, it we could have been closer...Joe Biden
seahooker

« Reply #6 on: 07 05, 20, 06:59:43:PM » Reply

he sometimes claims Pennsylvania, which wasn't a slave state, but was on border with the Mason Dixon line. maybe he is not sure if he talks about Pennsylvania or Delaware? He is senile.
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 07 05, 20, 07:06:40:PM » Reply

no real American could support the confederacy today.   The confederacy was based almost solely on the fight to keep slavery legal.   
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #8 on: 07 05, 20, 08:00:43:PM » Reply

no real American could support the confederacy today.

The confederacy was DemoncRats

No real American could support the DemoncRats today !

Agreed l

Real Americans also agree with Trumps Mt Rushmore speeck !
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 07 05, 20, 08:31:34:PM » Reply

Trump’s unyielding push to preserve Confederate history and the legacy of white domination, crystallized by his harsh denunciation of the racial justice movement Friday night at Mount Rushmore, has unnerved Republicans
[/HIGHLIGHT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Why?

fear losing power
[/HIGHLIGHT][/FONT]

So what?  What’s the point of getting power if you don’t do the right things when you get power?

and forever associating their party with his racial animus (according to us liberal democrats)
[/HIGHLIGHT][/SIZE][/FONT]

You can’t control what lies the democrats will use against you, so you might as well do what’s right.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #10 on: 07 05, 20, 09:16:41:PM » Reply

He celebrated Independence Day with a accurate speech in which he excoriated racial justice protesters as “evil” representatives of a “new far-left fascism” whose ultimate goal is “the end of America.”

True I watch him do that

He also lauded our founders values, history and Culture that made America great
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #11 on: 07 05, 20, 09:58:13:PM » Reply

I wonder if most Americans know the racist history of the Democrat Party and how they maintain that racist element to this day?

Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump’s push to amplify racism unnerves Republicans
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory