Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 08:20:47:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662229 Posts in 298761 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S.  (Read 31 times)
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« on: 07 04, 20, 07:02:00:PM » Reply

Coronavirus deaths in the country have nearly reached a level where the virus will cease to qualify as an epidemic under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rules, the federal agency reported on Friday.

The CDC qualifies a disease outbreak as an "epidemic" if the number of deaths attributable to the disease exceeds a certain percentage of total deaths per week. That threshold for pneumonia, influenza and COVID-19 fluctuates slightly depending on the time of year, ranging from around 7% at the height of flu season to around 5% during less virulent months.

CDC data indicate that deaths from those ailments began skyrocketing in the country around the second week of March, hitting a peak around early May and then plummeting quickly after that.

The latest data show that the percentage of deaths in the country attributable to those factors had as of the last week in June reached its lowest point since the end of last year, becoming "equal to the [current] epidemic threshold of 5.9%," the CDC said.

The agency notes that the official tally of deaths "will likely change as more death certificates are processed, particularly for recent weeks." Yet the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, pneumonia and influenza have been declining for 10 straight weeks, the agency said on its website, suggesting COVID-19 may cease to qualify as an epidemic in the next few weeks.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/covid-19-close-losing-its-epidemic-status-us-according-cdc?utm_source=whatfinger

If this happens what will the left bring up next?
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #1 on: 07 04, 20, 07:09:41:PM » Reply

They also say deaths is a lagging indicator.  Rising cases, will lead to rising deaths.  It's only a matter of time.

four months into this and you're still trying to split hairs regarding the unnecessary early deaths of other citizens.

and deaths are not the only consequence of Covid-19. 

even surviving a bout with the virus leaves people with long term health issues for many years afterwards.

not being personally impacted lets you diminish your perception, but don't ask others to accept your distortion of reality.
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #2 on: 07 04, 20, 07:19:03:PM » Reply

They already say wear masks because I said so.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 07 04, 20, 07:37:48:PM » Reply

mystics still trying to troll his hoax stuff.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #4 on: 07 04, 20, 07:40:10:PM » Reply

Think about it this way, ms jw2...if your Government can without legislation, order you to wear a mask..what else without legislation can your Government order your compliance?  Now think about that statement and get back to me.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 07 04, 20, 07:55:31:PM » Reply

Young and healthy people are not getting sick and dying from the virus.  Young and healthy people are the ones contracting it.  So no, deaths will not follow.
Local5th

« Reply #6 on: 07 04, 20, 08:09:55:PM » Reply

Young and healthy people are not getting sick and dying from the virus.  Young and healthy people are the ones contracting it.  So no, deaths will not follow.

Yup. And had democrats not put covid-19 patients our death rate would be 40% less.
Local5th

« Reply #7 on: 07 04, 20, 10:46:08:PM » Reply

My bad......

Yup. And had democrats not put covid-19 patients in rest homes our death rate would be 40% less.

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory