Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 09:09:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653714 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: “This has to be more comfortable than a ventilator” 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: “This has to be more comfortable than a ventilator”  (Read 877 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« on: 07 02, 20, 12:23:34:PM » Reply

More companies are making masks to battle the ‘sweat factor’ this summer, but are they effective? Here’s what you need to know.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-illinois-face-mask-design-comfort-20200701-hniz3t552rc4rmrjcr3r2ywrga-story.html

As a pastry chef who spends her workdays in a surgical-style mask next to hot ovens, Leigh Omilinsky is no stranger to the face mask “sweat factor.”

So she has little patience for those griping about muggy mouths now that Chicago’s weather has turned steamy.

“This has to be more comfortable than a ventilator,” said Omilinsky, 35, of Logan Square.

When health officials began recommending people wear masks in public places to slow the spread of COVID-19, they turned to whatever was available, be it a hand-sewn fabric mask, cut up t-shirt or winter balaclava. Now they’re often required, in places where social distancing is a challenge. As Illinoisans cautiously return to more activities put on hold during the pandemic, some are looking for masks that are tolerable for more than a quick grocery run.

Big brands like Under Armour, New Balance and Uniqlo have announced designs using breathable fabrics, and Chicago mask makers are experimenting with new styles as well.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 07 02, 20, 12:38:45:PM » Reply

Masks are dangerous.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #2 on: 07 02, 20, 12:51:02:PM » Reply

But here is a question for you or your cut & paste author, ms jw2: what percentage of masks, actually provide benefit to the wearer..considering the davik62 Red influenza bug (formally known as the Chinese Wuhan virus) is .05 and .02 microns in diameter?
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #3 on: 07 02, 20, 12:59:57:PM » Reply

and for all these years, anchoragedan falsely claimed to be a capitalist.

what company could represent the ultimate level of capitalists and capitalism?

the vast majority of real capitalists would say that company is GOLDMAN SACHS.

as for your mathematical/scientific subterfuge omiaqt...the research people at Goldman Sachs have evaluated your question...

Goldman Sachs has done the math and a national mask mandate to halt the spread of coronavirus would have a big inpact on the economy

Face masks could actually save the economy, Goldman Sachs

A National Mask Mandate Could Save The U.S. Economy $1 ...

Goldman Sachs: National mask mandate could save US GDP from a 5% hit...

Wearing masks could prevent a 5% loss in GDP, Goldman Sachs says ...

A national mask mandate could potentially slash coronavirus infections in the US and save the country from a 5% hit to its gross domestic product, according to Goldman Sachs.

In a Monday note, chief economist Jan Hatzius and his team investigated the link between wearing a mask and  certain economic and health outcomes of COVID-19.

"We find that face masks are associated with significantly better coronavirus outcomes," Hatzius wrote. Face mask use lowered infection growth rates and death rates, the team found. The causal relationship was not weakened when controlling for avoiding large gatherings or avoiding public interactions.

Does anchoragedan have a Short position he's looking to cash in on?

Why does anchoragedan continue to advocate actions that are detrimental to the economy and the health of American citizens.

there is serious speculation that anchoragedan is an anti-American agent for a hostile foreign nation.

too bad jim doesn't share his Russian bitcoin payoffs...
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

« Reply #4 on: 07 02, 20, 01:02:19:PM » Reply

More cut & paste...with no answer to my basic question, ms jw2.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #5 on: 07 02, 20, 01:08:26:PM » Reply

President Trump says masks are a good thing.  It's how we get lemmings to feel they are safe.  Whatever it takes.
omiaqt

« Reply #6 on: 07 02, 20, 01:13:15:PM » Reply

Proper masks, with the ability to filter particles smaller than .02 microns. Aunt Rose's old underwear like Ms jw2  might wear is insufficient in blocking the davik62 Red influenza bug (formally known as the Chinese Wuhan virus).
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #7 on: 07 02, 20, 01:23:42:PM » Reply

dear ignorant oh-my-squat...

I answered your question.

current research shows that when one person has Covid-19 and a mask and is next to another non-infected person has a mask, the chances of transmission is less than 2%.  those are pretty good odds.

when the highly paid and credentialed analysts at Goldman Sachs look at the facts...they say "Wear a Mask and Save the American Economy".

As a Fuhrer Trump cultist...don't you want the economy to rebound?

As a phony "Pro-Life" posting conservative...why are 129,000 early deaths in America over the last found months of no consequence to you?

your kind of stubborn ignorance is going to make everything much worse for your guy to win in 125 days.

Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #8 on: 07 02, 20, 08:24:31:PM » Reply

[HIGHLIGHT=#NaNNaNNaN]Texas governor orders residents to wear masks as COVID-19 infections spike in 40 of 50 states, with lack of masking being blamed [/HIGHLIGHT]
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #9 on: 07 02, 20, 10:43:29:PM » Reply

Surgical masks don’t work unless one is in a sterile environment

and changed every 20 to 3o min.

But if it makes you feel better wear one, but it won’t stop the virus

The Chi Tribune are idiots quoted by other idiots.

Here’s what real Drs say ...

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=289889.0
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 07 03, 20, 12:10:15:PM » Reply

anchoragedan falsely claimed to be a capitalist.

How so?

what company could represent the ultimate level of capitalists and capitalism?

the vast majority of real capitalists would say that company is GOLDMAN SACHS.

Wrong.  Massive corporations are NOT capitalist.  Capitalism is best represented by sole-proprietorships.  I didn't say anything about G.S.

Goldman Sachs has done the math and a national mask mandate to halt the spread of coronavirus would have a big inpact on the economy

They said masks would stop the virus?  Or they said the governors reopening their states would?

They are not medical experts.  They are not claiming masks do a damn thing about the virus.  What they are saying is masks give governors a vehicle to reopen their economies.

Does anchoragedan have a Short position he's looking to cash in on?

Nope.  Are you that stupid?  You think my personal opposition to wear a bacteria trap is going to influence the California governor to keep his economy closed?   You think I want the economy to stay shut down???  Haven't you been listening to me???

Why does anchoragedan continue to advocate actions that are detrimental to the economy and the health of American citizens.

Why does Dan continue to advocate opening the economy and promote the health of Americans?

there is serious speculation that anchoragedan is an anti-American.

Yep.  That's me tearing down the symbols of our country.  You got me. 
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #11 on: 07 04, 20, 09:48:47:AM » Reply

it's real easy for youse people to casually dismiss the experience of those who have contracted Covid-19 and recovered...after days on a ventilator...physically incapacitated to the point where someone has to physically turn your body so you don't drown in your own fluids...or the scaring of lung and heart tissues that will last a lifetime, that's now a pre-existing condition that Trump wants to repeal.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: “This has to be more comfortable than a ventilator”
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory