Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:45:26:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Pentagon: "No Corroborating Evidence!" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Pentagon: "No Corroborating Evidence!"  (Read 56 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 07 01, 20, 02:24:46:AM » Reply

The Pentagon said in a statement late Tuesday evening that it had no corroborating evidence that Russian operatives offered bounties to the Taliban for American soldiers stationed in Afghanistan.

“The Department of Defense continues to evaluate intelligence that Russian GRU operatives were engaged in malign activity against United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan. To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations found in open-source reports,” said Chief Pentagon Spokesman Jonathan Hoffman.

“Regardless, we always take the safety and security of our forces in Afghanistan – and around the world – most seriously and therefore continuously adopt measures to prevent harm from potential threats,” Hoffman added.

The statement came in response to a New York Times report that claimed that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan.

The Times cited anonymous officials “briefed on the matter.”
The report claimed that the U.S. “concluded months ago” that the Russian unit had offered the bounties for successful attacks last year and that Islamist militants, or criminal elements closely associated with them, collected some bounty money and that the finding was briefed to President Donald Trump.

The report claimed that the National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, and officials developed a “menu of potential options,” but the White House had not authorized any step.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president and the vice president were never briefed on the allegations, and that there was no consensus among the intelligence community on the allegations.

“The U.S. receives thousands of reports a day on intelligence, and they are subject to strict scrutiny. While the White House does not routinely comment on alleged intelligence or internal deliberations, the CIA Director, [the] National Security Advisor, and the Chief of Staff can all confirm that neither the President nor the Vice President were briefed on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence,” she said.

“There is no consensus within the intelligence community on these allegations, and, in effect, there are dissenting opinions from some in the intelligence community with regards to the veracity of what’s being reported. And the veracity of the underlying allegations continue to be evaluated,” she added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/29/pentagon-no-corroborating-evidence-russians-offered-bounties-troops-afghanistan/
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 07 01, 20, 04:53:58:AM » Reply

Of course NOT!  Its just Democrats making FAKE allegations again. Its Election time! The Lying Bastards just want another WITCH HUNT !
How many times does it need to be said? These people are Mentally Ill....
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #2 on: 07 01, 20, 05:32:02:AM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tGcOY5xDJJo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/tGcOY5xDJJo</a>
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #3 on: 07 01, 20, 06:56:38:AM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nytBEWbwOkw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/nytBEWbwOkw</a>
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #4 on: 07 01, 20, 07:13:50:AM » Reply

Pees does love leftist drivel!
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #5 on: 07 01, 20, 08:48:02:AM » Reply

gwboolean

« Reply #6 on: 07 01, 20, 10:20:58:AM » Reply

MAGA 2020

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #7 on: 07 01, 20, 10:51:31:AM » Reply

Interesting that there has been so little chatter about this until now. 

I guess, when you start grasping at straws, it's all you can do to keep the people's attention.

The Democrats would have been far better off to try and link Trump to some kind of Covid-19 mask scam, or BLM scam...

They can't let the Russian thing go though, LOL
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #8 on: 07 01, 20, 10:56:12:AM » Reply

JW, a friend posted something very similar to that meme on FB and was very upset that none of her "friends" expressed their outrage.  She was so incensed that Trump would do something like this, that he is the "incarnation" of evil...

When I asked her, when has this been in the news?  She stated, her "newsfeed" was exploding with information...I had to google it and it was apparently just breaking news over the weekend by the NYT.  The news sources she provided were nothing but regurgitated segments from that story...all on very liberal news sites.  I pointed out that there was technically only ONE story about it and all the others she cited were just snippets and rehashes from that, nothing new, and that it was just being heard.  We've had nothing but protest crap and covid crap for months.  She isn't speaking to me right now, LOL. 
gwboolean

« Reply #9 on: 07 01, 20, 11:02:59:AM » Reply

The Russians don't seem to be able to let Putin's Pussy go Biz.  What is it about the Russians that you boogaloos love them so much and why do you hate American troops?
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 07 01, 20, 11:04:01:AM » Reply

Following the Democrats' briefing, House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., told reporters that while there may be "different judgments as to the level of credibility," he doesn't agree with the president's recent characterizations.

"The president called this a hoax publicly," Hoyer said. "Nothing in the briefing that we have just received led me to believe it is a hoax."

Rep. Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, also joined in the briefing.

"I find it inexplicable in light of these very public allegations that the president hasn't come before the country and assured the American people that he will get to the bottom of whether Russians are putting a bounty on the heads of American troops," Schiff told reporters.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/885909588/trump-calls-bounty-report-a-hoax-despite-administration-s-briefing-of-congress
D2D

« Reply #11 on: 07 01, 20, 11:06:59:AM » Reply

I really don't care what Democrats think as they are all corrupt liars!
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Pentagon: "No Corroborating Evidence!"
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory