Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 04:56:32:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: On this surreal Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: On this surreal Sunday  (Read 417 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 05 31, 20, 07:57:21:PM » Reply

My depression has been getting the better of me, with all the crap going on around us, and last night's destruction in Seattle sent me over the top...

Took a walk around outside today, snapped a few pictures...when I came back to the house, the little birds set my mind right

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 05 31, 20, 10:55:20:PM » Reply

That is beautiful takn.  I like the feeder you have, it looks like a hard plastic that won't rust like the metal based one I have.  It's certainly good to turn off the news and enjoy home.  What disturbs me is hearing how high the suicide rate has gone and the mental depression that is being suffered from the results of the pandemic.  Isn't that enough without our cities imploding.  It's nice to be living out in the countryside.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 06 01, 20, 12:56:45:PM » Reply

I have had the best luck with these feeders.  Easy to clean and hubby was easily able to add the rain/ant hoods from other feeders that I wasn't using. 

https://www.amazon.com/First-Nature-Hummingbird-Feeder-16-Ounce/dp/B005XOZKC6
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 06 01, 20, 05:22:21:PM » Reply

Our historic little town was damaged last nigh, broke windows and spray paint...they set a police memorial on fire, too.

And if that's not enough, my mom died on Thursday. So now due to covid and the terrorists, I can not fly home for the funeral...if they even have one. I could not say goodbye to mom because she had Alzheimer's in a nursing home with no visitors. She died a lone with a broken heart. (notvcovid related)  And...my first grandson was born the end of March and I have not been able to hold or see in person. Just on Facetime. :-(

The hummer pic is beautiful.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 06 02, 20, 02:09:35:AM » Reply

Sun, I am so sorry to read your post.  Please know you have my deepest sympathies.  It is heartbreaking and may your mom rest in peace in a far better place.
Having family out of State is so hard in the present circumstances we find ourselves in.  I know only too well.  Face Time helps but it's not the same.
My son in law will be at his business premises all night to try and protect them.  They have the protesters there in his town in California and I'm praying he'll be ok.  Curfews are ignored.
Congrats on your first grandbaby.  Hope you'll get to see him soon.

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 03, 20, 10:58:03:AM » Reply

Emily...thank you so much. My son is working in the DC protests as are 2 more relatives. Prayers for all,  get us through this big mess.
dondc

« Reply #6 on: 06 11, 20, 01:15:53:AM » Reply

Sorry for your loss Sunshine.  There is no good time to lose your mother, and this is about as bad a time as there ever is. 
Lost a cousin early in <arch and no services yet scheduled.  Have a friend in hospice care for cancer and just was told another friend has stage 4 ovarian cancer. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 06 11, 20, 06:16:28:PM » Reply

That is sad donc. They had a funeral...my sister told me no one had a mask on and were hugging each other and about 30 people showed up. Covid??? What covid?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: On this surreal Sunday
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory