Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 02:44:05:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660975 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I hate getting old 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I hate getting old  (Read 306 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 05 16, 20, 01:24:28:PM » Reply

Suffered my first, real "at work" injury...a dislocated shoulder from a nasty trip over some equipment that was essentially hidden in plain sight.  The pain when it happened was excruciating...I couldn't move my arm, my entire side was numb, and the pain was radiating up into my skull!  For the gentleman who helped me up quickly, it likely saved me from worse pain...I was able to sit up on some stairs, and in trying to take a deep breath, sat upright and POP, that sucker went back into place!  By the time the EMTs arrived, I was in full range of motion again and after their protocol, I went back to work.  Next day I was required to report to the company medical unit and get cleared by their docs.

But now, I am restricted to keeping it in a sling and using it ever so little, until an orthopedist sees me...BECAUSE OF MY AGE !!! LOL

As the company doctor said, when you're young, you generally bounce back in a week or two, but with the force that apparently thrust it out and back in, "elderly" people tend to tear things, LOL...

No joke though, it hurts...it hurts bad and I'm not happy in the least.  I told, but everything I do is physical...too bad, restricted ! LOL

But I have good crews and the guys are always helpful. 

I just hope I can see a doc quickly, with all this covid crap, some people are being told they can only do "virtual" visits...how do you MRI a shoulder virtually?
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 05 16, 20, 02:27:00:PM » Reply

Hope you haven't damaged your rotator cuff takn.  I have a torn one from a similar accident and despite physical therapy it gives me pain at times.  Don't worry about getting old - been there done that!   Just brush up on all the senior discounts you are entitled to when you turn 55 .
dondc

« Reply #2 on: 05 17, 20, 01:22:41:AM » Reply

Sorry to hear it.  Never happened to me, but I saw it happen a couple of times.  It looked very painful.   Common injury for correctional officers.
Get better soon, but don't push it. 
And yes take CV cautions seriously any where medical. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 05 17, 20, 01:10:58:PM » Reply

I have a tear or something in rotator cuff too. I have a referral to get looked at but afraid to go the doctor with this covid so Ihave been suffering for months. I was planning to make a call this week and schedule at least  a month out.
So sorry. you hurt yourself, taken. Be careful and get looked at when you can.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I hate getting old
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory