Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 08:38:53:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653414 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stimulus payments for senior citizen drawing SS will be bogged down 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Stimulus payments for senior citizen drawing SS will be bogged down  (Read 75 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #12 on: 04 02, 20, 01:56:44:AM » Reply

My understanding was that we won't have to pay taxes on it, however, there will be a form, or spot on your return to acknowledge whether or not you received it.
justincase

« Reply #13 on: 04 02, 20, 02:03:13:AM » Reply

Also...

The Treasury Department, clearing up confusion, has announced Social Security recipients will not have to file a tax return in order to receive the economic stimulus payments the government is preparing to send out amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It was unclear in guidance posted earlier this week whether Social Security recipients who don't normally file taxes would have to in order to receive the money. But the Treasury Department said Wednesday that those beneficiaries will automatically receive the money. The IRS will use the information that the Social Security Administration has on file.
Social Security recipients won't have to take any action.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/politics/social-security-stimulus-payments/index.html
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #14 on: 04 02, 20, 02:04:26:AM » Reply

I believe the whole have to file an income tax return thing has been dropped.

Your income tax return is how the IRS can check if you earned over $75,000 ($150,000 per couple).  For those with little or no income, they are not required to file.  But the IRS needs to know you exist so they can pay you.
dondc

« Reply #15 on: 04 02, 20, 02:51:05:AM » Reply

I meant the people on SS who didn't make enough money to have to file.
I filed my 2020 already, and paid, because the government needs the money.  I was tempted to leave it in the bank till July 15, but the interest it would earn me wasn't worth it.  Hell I think the bank is thinking of negative interest.
I don't really need the $2,400,. I wish the law had been written to make sure those out of work, or out sick get paid.  We paid the cleaning lady $100, today for not coming in and cleaning.  She has a mother, daughter, and new born twin grand son living with her.
I won't be suprised if I never $2.400 either, though I fall in that earnings range.
Baretta19

« Reply #16 on: 04 02, 20, 06:42:25:AM » Reply

Sep 11, 2018 - Nearly 40 million Social Security numbers have been stolen and used by illegal immigrants and others to get work, according to agency ..

Apr 25, 2012 - Illegals often get jobs by using illegally obtained, forged, or invalid Social Security numbers. Employers in turn withhold payroll taxes and report
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 04 02, 20, 08:44:41:AM » Reply

Dan my retirement is not taxable as all taxes on that money was paid as it went into the fund, My social security isn't an amount that would require me to pay taxes each year. So that why I no longer file a tax return.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #18 on: 04 02, 20, 12:14:12:PM » Reply

It's official.   What can be easier than logging into your bank account?

Social Security Recipients Will Automatically Receive Economic Impact Payments
https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #19 on: 04 02, 20, 04:50:07:PM » Reply

filing a tax return with direct deposit refund is the fed low road to getting a quick stimulus rebate
everybody else will get their rebate sooner or later
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stimulus payments for senior citizen drawing SS will be bogged down
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory