Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 06:44:15:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662117 Posts in 298756 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stimulus payments for senior citizen drawing SS will be bogged down 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Stimulus payments for senior citizen drawing SS will be bogged down  (Read 76 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« on: 04 01, 20, 06:52:50:PM » Reply

IN I R S red tape, they will have to file a tax return for 2019 with the IRS. In my case I haven't filed a tax return since 2007, the hassle of getting the paper work needed making an appointment to talk to a person by phone that does taxes then fax This fax that bullshit is not worth $1200.00 you'll get and plus a lot of old and sick seniors won't be up to the task and the hassle involved, thanks to the IRS and the red tape jungle of something that could of been handled real simple means less money sent out.
justincase

« Reply #1 on: 04 01, 20, 06:56:59:PM » Reply

I agree, it's ridiculous. I know someone else who is going to have to file in order to get her stimulus check. I had to file a tax return due to my Fidelity distributions, so I lucked out. Even got a refund this year for the first time in several years.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 04 01, 20, 07:06:56:PM » Reply

Untill the IRS got involved my understanding was social security was going to handle stimulus deposits for seniors, and those on disability they have all their information at hand, but the all mighty IRS to the rescue, with all their bureaucrat red tape bullshit.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 04 01, 20, 07:08:38:PM » Reply

Congrats on the refund, just think you get to pay taxes on it when you file for this year!
gwboolean

« Reply #4 on: 04 01, 20, 07:09:05:PM » Reply

Was anyone expecting anything in the government that Pandemic Pussy has put together to not be fucked up?
justincase

« Reply #5 on: 04 01, 20, 07:10:32:PM » Reply

Congrats on the refund, just think you get to pay taxes on it when you file for this year!

Yeah, isn't it great?! They get ya coming and going.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 04 01, 20, 07:33:57:PM » Reply

Imagine this.  People bitching about free money.   
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 04 01, 20, 07:42:06:PM » Reply

Not really a bitch it's just that some of the older and sick won't get it due to red tape, nothing is never simple with government at any level as for me I'm not going to bother with don't need it no way.
justincase

« Reply #8 on: 04 01, 20, 07:43:05:PM » Reply

Well, considering it's our money anyway, why should they make it so difficult for the oldest, or those who might need it most, to get what is rightfully theirs? I think Blammie is right...the harder it is to get, the more of our money they get to keep.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #9 on: 04 02, 20, 01:12:49:AM » Reply

just think you get to pay taxes on it when you file for this year!

Just think, you won't.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 04 02, 20, 01:30:57:AM » Reply

Actually, dbm, filing a tax return is pretty easy.  You can file online with TurboTax free of charge.  And since you you haven't filed in 13 years, I assume you have very little income and no special circumstances, so you could probably file the 1040EZ.  You don't need to consult any tax accountant.  All you need to do is answer the questions step by step.  You should be able to do it in less than a half hour.

Justin,

What do you mean it's "our" money?  We didn't earn it.  It's not a refund for overpaying taxes.  It's a gift that future taxpayers will pay for.
dondc

« Reply #11 on: 04 02, 20, 01:51:12:AM » Reply

I believe the whole have to file an income tax return thing has been dropped.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stimulus payments for senior citizen drawing SS will be bogged down
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory