Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:43:36:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653547 Posts in 297936 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Coronavirus impact in U.S. may be "most comparable" to Italy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus impact in U.S. may be "most comparable" to Italy  (Read 27 times)
wvit1001

« on: 04 01, 20, 01:24:37:PM » Reply

Vice President Mike Pence told CNN Wednesday that White House modeling suggests "Italy may be the most comparable area to the United States" in terms of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Italy has become one of the global epicenters of the pandemic, with 105,792 cases and 12,428 deaths. Public health experts have warned for weeks that the U.S. would be on the same path if it didn't take drastic measures to stem the spread of the virus.

The U.S. has 190,089 cases and 4,102 deaths, but with a much larger population. Italy also imposed a nationwide lockdown on March 9, while there are a number of states in the U.S. that have still yet to enact stay-at-home orders.

Pence acknowledged that the modeling suggested there would be "between 1.6 million and 2.2 million losses" if the U.S. did not implement social distancing guidelines.

"We truly believe that while some of the initial estimates even in this modeling suggest that without every American putting into practice those guidelines of wash your hands, avoid groups of more than ten, use drive-throughs through restaurants and the like, that we could have literally seen between 1.6 million and 2.2 million losses. But the president also wanted to make it clear that our most recent modeling suggests that with strong mitigation, the range is still -- it's still heartbreaking when we think about the lives that could be lost. And so our message yesterday, our message over the next 30 days, is the future is in our hands."

— Vice President Mike Pence
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 04 01, 20, 02:17:05:PM » Reply

Because we have a disproportionate elderly population and welcomed travelers from China?  That’s why Italy’s numbers are so high.  What makes you think we are like Italy?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 04 01, 20, 02:28:51:PM » Reply

Welcomed travelers from China?    You mean like Americans dan?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 04 01, 20, 02:30:35:PM » Reply

Like Americans USED to before Trump banned travel from there on January 31st.  Yeah, like that.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 04 01, 20, 02:32:39:PM » Reply

Trump didn’t ban Americans from traveling back and forth to China for business dan. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 04 01, 20, 02:38:32:PM » Reply

So answer my question now.  Why are we like Italy when we are not like Italy?
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 04 01, 20, 02:40:27:PM » Reply

Trump’s order did not fully “close” the U.S. off to China, as he asserts. It temporarily barred entry by foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the previous 14 days, with exceptions for the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Americans returning from China were allowed back after enhanced screening at select ports of entry and for 14 days afterward. But U.S. scientists say screenings can miss people who don’t yet show symptoms of COVID-19; while symptoms often appear within five or six days of exposure, the incubation period is 14 days.
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 04 01, 20, 02:43:57:PM » Reply

You should ask pence dan.   He’s the one who said it.   And he’s trump’s official mouthpiece for this pandemic
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #8 on: 04 01, 20, 04:28:46:PM » Reply

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Coronavirus impact in U.S. may be "most comparable" to Italy
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory