Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 12:44:09:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660624 Posts in 298609 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Republican governors “slower” to adopt coronavirus restrictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Republican governors “slower” to adopt coronavirus restrictions  (Read 27 times)
wvit1001

« on: 04 01, 20, 11:30:25:AM » Reply

Republican governors “slower” to adopt coronavirus restrictions, causing “significant” harm. Republican "delays are likely to produce significant, on-going harm to public health," the study warned

Trump spent much of January, February and early March downplaying the threat posed by the coronavirus, which resulted in a stark partisan split among Republicans and Democrats on social distancing and public health warnings. That split appears to have extended to the top levels of government as some Republican governors have rejected calls to shut down non-essential businesses to contain the virus.

The University of Washington study found that states with Republican governors and states with "more Trump supporters" were "slower to adopt social distancing policies" by an average of nearly three days than their blue-state counterparts.

"Our findings are unambiguous: political variables are the strongest predictor of the early adoption of social distancing policies," the researchers wrote. "All else equal, states with Republican governors and Republican electorates delayed each social distancing measure by an average of 2.70 days ... a far larger effect than any other factor, including state income per capita, the percentage of neighboring states with mandates, or even confirmed cases in each state."

Though the differences appear relatively short, the researchers warned that "these delays are likely to produce significant, on-going harm to public health."

The researchers tied the delayed actions to "cues" from Trump, who "strongly signaled ... that the coronavirus was an exaggerated threat or even a hoax — a position that was magnified and reinforced by Republican-leaning media outlets."

The study's authors argued that "partisans of any stripe tend to minimize failures by their own party leaders and exaggerate failures by the opposing party," pointing out that Republicans "were more concerned about Ebola during Obama's presidency than they were about COVID-19 under Trump."

University of Washington professor Christopher Adolph, one of the study's authors, told Newsweek that a combination of "voter skepticism and presidential opposition" combined to make it "much harder" for Republicans to act sooner.

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/01/study-republican-governors-slower-to-adopt-coronavirus-restrictions-causing-significant-harm/
lakitss

« Reply #1 on: 04 01, 20, 11:34:03:AM » Reply

More fabricated horse shit.

Whatsherface in Michigan just reversed her decision to allow doctors to prescribe the malaria drug if they believe it will help. Tell me again how the right is to blame, I never tire of laughing at stupid shit!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 04 01, 20, 11:41:53:AM » Reply

Your subject line should be "Republican governors slower to adopt totalitarian and unconstitutional restrictions!"
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 04 01, 20, 04:31:07:PM » Reply

i am in iowa...one of few states waiting to impose mandatory stay at home restrictions
a repub gov is in charge

i feel it is needed now...and hope it is soon
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #4 on: 04 01, 20, 04:41:39:PM » Reply

Yes laktiss, more debunked DemoncRats BS they keep repeating hoping it will someday be accepted by the weak minded and uninformed !

Does Iowa have some of the fewer cases bp ?

We here in Oregon are between the higher cases of Washington and California all three with DemoncRats Govenors
that have mandatory stay at home but for few exceptions.
lakitss

« Reply #5 on: 04 01, 20, 05:16:16:PM » Reply

My area near San Antonio has had several cases but few deaths. Abbot is urging self isolation, but unlike idiot liberal leaders isn't using this crisis to close gun stores or other stupid shit, in fact he has allowed alcohol to be included in food deliveries.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #6 on: 04 01, 20, 05:17:19:PM » Reply

Thank GOD for our Republican Governor, Mike DeWine!!!!!!

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Republican governors “slower” to adopt coronavirus restrictions
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory