Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 11:31:34:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662647 Posts in 298802 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stop Stoking Coronavirus Miracle Cure Rumors 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Stop Stoking Coronavirus Miracle Cure Rumors  (Read 56 times)
wvit1001

« on: 04 01, 20, 11:07:25:AM » Reply

Bill Gates has helpfully provided President Donald Trump with a three-step plan on what he needs to do to halt the coronavirus pandemic—and has told him that he really needs to stop spreading rumors about a miracle cure. The Microsoft founder, who urged leaders to prepare for a pandemic back in 2015, laid out his advice in The Washington Post. He said the U.S. needs a complete shutdown in all states, must step up testing, and has to start work now to speed up the development of a vaccine. Gates said that includes immediately beginning work to build the facilities where a vaccine would be manufactured. He also criticized Trump for spreading rumors about malaria medication that the president has repeatedly name-checked as a coronavirus treatment. Gates wrote: “Leaders can help by not stoking rumors or panic buying. Long before the drug hydroxychloroquine was approved as an emergency treatment for COVID-19, people started hoarding it, making it hard to find for lupus patients who need it to survive.”
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 04 01, 20, 11:54:39:AM » Reply

Further proof Democrats oppose any effective treatment of COVID-19!
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 04 01, 20, 11:55:32:AM » Reply

is there an effective treatment to oppose d2?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 04 01, 20, 12:27:50:PM » Reply

We can all be assured that trial lawyers are watching every treatment every medication being given for an opening to bring massive law suits and make millions of dollars.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 04 01, 20, 12:29:08:PM » Reply

wasn't wvit against the use of the malaria drug because it hadn't been tested for years on this virus!
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #5 on: 04 01, 20, 01:03:56:PM » Reply

The greatest fear most democrats have is the malaria medication will work.And that's sad.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 04 01, 20, 01:07:29:PM » Reply

I think everyone would be happy if it works.   What verified evidence is there that it does yet though?
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 04 01, 20, 01:11:40:PM » Reply

Clinical Trials Set To Determine If Anti-Malaria Drug Effective Against COVID-19

March 31, 2020

A nationwide trial is underway to see if the drug hydroxychloroquine can prevent disease in people exposed to the novel coronavirus. A second trial will test to see if the drug can prevent severe disease in people who are already showing COVID-19 symptoms.

The trials are being run by David Boulware, an infectious disease scientist at the University of Minnesota.

Once someone joins the study, they take either the drug or a placebo for five days. As of March 31, Boulware says he and his team had enrolled 558 volunteers. The aim is to recruit 1,500 people. With that number of volunteers, they should be able to determine if the drug is able to reduce the progression to disease by half or more.

Boulware says the trial has the approval of the Food and Drug Administration. Although the final results are several weeks off, a committee of independent experts known as the data safety and monitoring board will take an initial look at the results next week.

Many people, including President Trump, have been touting the promise of hydroxychloroquine without much data to back that up.

"Our goal is to find out, does this actually work," Boulware says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/31/824572119/clinical-trials-set-to-determine-if-anti-malaria-drug-effective-against-covid-19
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #8 on: 04 01, 20, 01:13:28:PM » Reply

Who's stoking miracle sure rumors?   And if Bill Gates want to rule the world, he can run for the job.  Aside from that, he ain't nothing but an uber rich boy.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 04 01, 20, 01:14:43:PM » Reply

trump is chuck.   along with goofs like local and other right wing trolls here.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 04 01, 20, 01:16:25:PM » Reply

That's just another one of your many lies.  Making up chit that only exists in your propaganda rags.
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 04 01, 20, 01:21:14:PM » Reply

so trump wasn't touting it chuck?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stop Stoking Coronavirus Miracle Cure Rumors
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory