Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 07:48:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661883 Posts in 298731 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Happy St Patty's day Eve! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Happy St Patty's day Eve!  (Read 541 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 03 16, 20, 06:08:29:PM » Reply

:-)

* IMG_7043.jpg (1711.57 KB, 2770x2110 - viewed 31 times.)
dondc

« Reply #1 on: 03 16, 20, 06:54:22:PM » Reply

All the parties and get togethers have been canceled.  I went ahead and cooked the corned beef and cabbage today.  Should be plenty for tomorrow and maybe the rest of the week. 
But it is one of those "comfort foods" I often eat too much of.  Did that yesterday with pinto beans and corn bread, only one meal of that left.

I may gain weight not leaving the house.

Loved you post, TP is scares.  We buy such things at Costco in bulk.  We did that a week before all this panic. 
Who'd have thought that TP could be the punch line in so many joke.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 03 17, 20, 03:39:54:AM » Reply

LOL good one sunshine!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 17, 20, 09:10:02:AM » Reply

I'm just playing with the roll today...nothing else to do here.

This is war...we've been invaded by a virus....

* IMG_7063.jpg (1432.44 KB, 2838x2178 - viewed 33 times.)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 03 17, 20, 11:48:03:AM » Reply

Here in Corona central, the governor says close, shut down, don't get together, we'll fine your business if you stay open...only essential businesses...

But...we go to work, because, despite no deliveries, parts stuck in transit from overseas, multiple cases of this CV19, it's business as usual, LOL
dondc

« Reply #5 on: 03 17, 20, 04:15:14:PM » Reply

My daughter goes to work and is very busy at Kirkland Costco.  They have strict rules about allowing people in, and the people waiting in line must have a cart between then.  NO tables on the food court.  Those sample people are now scrubbing all around the store.  They limit TP and such cleaning up things you can buy.  TP paper towels, etc, you can buy one Kirkland brand and one other brand.  Costco never sold hand sanitizer.
They also told they wouldn't be charged sick leave if they stay home ill or test positive.
She had already used three  weeks of sick leave before this blew up. 

She is pretty disgusted with some of the people she deals with, but she also is a lot of people doing good deeds.  Sharing the laws t item on the self, etc.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 03 17, 20, 04:39:45:PM » Reply

There are some people being really nice lately...which is a good thing. But I see them come and go like they don't care about the virus.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 03 18, 20, 11:43:12:PM » Reply

I haven't been to the market since last Friday but now I really need to go tomorrow.  Maybe I'll find corned beef on sale and we can have a belated St. Paddy's Day treat. 

We walk our dog most days around the campus of a large retirement center here where there are gardens, a duck pond and a huge restaurant, open to the public.  Our dog thinks she's a therapy dog and looks forward to all the fuss and stroking she gets, but today nobody was out and all the different buildings had big notices on "No Visitors". It was a lovely sunny day too.
dondc

« Reply #8 on: 03 19, 20, 03:00:53:AM » Reply

We have been staying in today it was raining.  We have an every other week, house cleaning lady this was the week.  We called her yesterday and told her if she was sick or around anyone sick to not, we would pay her anyway.  She said she was fine.  we usually go some where while she spends 3 or 4 hours cleaning.  So lunch today was Jack n Box drive through.  All walk in places were closed.  Only markets were open.  I was raining too hard to drive into the country, so we went to Costco. 23 miles away.  Very light traffic and most things were closed.  Almost eerie.  Costco gas station usually has lines, we drove right to a pump today.  But the parking lot was full and lots of people coming and going.  We didn't try to shop.
I'm going to the market in the morning around 7:30-senior shopping hours.

I'm fine if I don't run out of reading material.  The Lodge and public library are closed...My have to down load onto the iPad, but I don't really like reading off computers.

Been sad because of a cousin's death last week.  When I think of his family's problems I can't feel sorry for anything I'm going through.
He is five months older than I, and we were the only grandkids for the first three years of our lives.  We were pretty close growing up and up until we both hd our own families.
I have only seen him once since I moved back to Cal.  Kicking myself.
He was walking last week and some how fell into the path of a car.  He died in the ambulance.
No services can be done right now as the chapel are closed. 
Added his grandson is in the Army stationed in Germany.  He was a screwed up kid, his mom is German and after a divorce went back to Germany and took him with her.  He has flown back every summer of his life.  He finally joined the Army and they loved have a trooper that was fluent in German.  Promoted him.  Then he leukemia.  Army treated him in Germany and keep on.  He was in remission for a year and now is back in the hospital.
Sorry about all this but writing about it helps some!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 03 19, 20, 09:07:19:AM » Reply

Sorry about your cousin. My mom is in a nursing home on hospice and no visitors allowed. I guess she's okay...I don't know.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #10 on: 03 19, 20, 01:56:58:PM » Reply

Sorry to hear of your family's sad news, don.  I do believe it is cathartic to talk about these things rather than let them fester inside.

Our local Safeway in our little rural town is opening for seniors Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7am to 9am and my friend told me she went, but Safeway had no way of controlling it and there were lines outside the door before it opened and there were people of every age group swarming in - even children and teenagers.  They still have no toilet paper.  Luckily we have always had a stash in the motorhome which is now sitting idle at our house.  Most RV parks have restrictions now regarding their facilities and it's no time to travel and eat out.  I'm not big on an RV 'holiday' when we have to prepare meals every day and stay mostly inside and you can only store so much food in an RV.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 03 19, 20, 04:05:45:PM » Reply

I bought some big boxes of Kleenex as back up TP...even though I got 6 huge packs of TP, we do not know for how long it will be out of stock. And I am not going into stores now....hunkering down. 3 cases of the virus in the hospital by me...20 minutes away. But people here are out and about talking with each other less than 2 feet away. SMH...they all think they are invincible.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Happy St Patty's day Eve!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory