Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:09:49:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Don, you won't be missing this I bet... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Don, you won't be missing this I bet...  (Read 385 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 02 01, 20, 06:37:14:PM » Reply

This is just north of us...

We're in for more wild weather, with snow by Tuesday...

https://www.facebook.com/WaWxChasers/videos/120236472653452/UzpfSTEwMDAwMjQ5MzY3NDgwMjoyNzgwNTQwOTEyMDM5MDA0/
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 02 01, 20, 10:21:04:PM » Reply

That looks scary.  Are you in any likely danger takn, or is it at a safe distance from you?
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 02 03, 20, 03:24:50:PM » Reply

We're up in the hills, so the worst we will suffer directly is power outages, wind damage, and our little creek overflowing in the wetland areas.  But getting down to town is always a crapshoot because of all the water on the roadways, and then many roads leading out of town are under water as well. 

The people who keep driving through the flooded roads make me crazy though.  The area in the video sees flooding a lot.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 02 04, 20, 04:47:15:AM » Reply

Be safe and warm up there...we have spring  for a couple days but back to 30's tomorrow.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 02 05, 20, 12:10:37:AM » Reply

Our daughter and son-in-law arrived Sunday night just before the snowstorm hit but thankfully cleared by the next morning as we had a funeral to attend in the city.

Glad you're up in the hills takn so you don't have to worry about flooding.
dondc

« Reply #5 on: 02 06, 20, 12:10:33:AM » Reply

Got several reports and pic from family.  More snow in Anacortes than in the 18 years I lived there.
I do miss it some.  Weather in Hemet is kinda boring.  It has been below freezing the last few night, but is so dry that there isn't any frost on anything.
As for sunshine I spent a hour in aa dermatologist office getting things frozen off my head and shoulders, from all the time I spent in the sun growing up down here.
Add to that time in my pool in Lodi, and time in Washington when it was hot enough to warn you you were over doing it. 
80 years and I wondering who that old man in the mirror is when I shave.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 02 06, 20, 04:34:10:AM » Reply

Well, we're 6 days into February and the rain is relentless.  The local weather guy said we could get 6" by the weekend...

Lots of flooding, road closures, mudslides, trees toppling...even Jay Inslee declared a state of emergency.

We're up in the hills, but it's even beginning to affect us...most of the roads into town are now surrounded on both sides by ditches of fast running water, a couple are covered in low spots, and we're losing more trees as the roots just give up and they topple over.

We'll lose an entire landscaping year just cleaning up the debris from this winter...so much for getting another trail done.  But we're not in as rough a shape as some and just have to pray that no one is killed in the flooding and ugliness of it all.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 02 06, 20, 02:26:39:PM » Reply

I think after their February visit to us in Oregon this year, the kids will stop complaining about the rain and the cold and go back to California happy, although they are not really happy with California either with the high taxes and the state of what were once beautiful cities.  Our son-in-law is out running in the rain. 

Takn it is really a rough winter for you up there and must be very hard getting to work.  One thing I truly hope is that you don't lose your utilities and can keep the power going.  Did you invest in a generator when you bought your place? 
dondc

« Reply #8 on: 02 06, 20, 07:57:17:PM » Reply

Sorry about your landscaping.  You've put a lot of work into it.
This winter is the classic el nino pattern. 
The Ocean isn't getting any cooler. 

Snow in our mountains is all above 7 or 8,000 feet.  It is almost gone in the San Jacintoes.  Very dry this year compared to my first year here.

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 02 07, 20, 01:58:40:PM » Reply

Emily, we have not gotten the generator done...but we have our portable and plenty of wood chopped (not to mention another couple of cords sitting waiting to be cut with all these downed trees, LOL)

A lot of people around us are flooded out and the roads are bad, only the main highways are unaffected, so now they are clogged with traffic as people try to find their way around all the flooded areas.

We're being told the rain will stop by Saturday evening, then another front moves in by Tuesday. 

It's draining our energy mostly...we'd love to just stay curled up in bed all day, but work seems to think we should come in and earn our paychecks, so we'll soldier on.  I did manage to get some canned goods and blankets to the food bank that is the staging ground for assisting those flooded out and the fairgrounds is the safe haven for livestock and horses, so we've helped some neighbors down the hill load up trailers and set up portable coops. 
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Don, you won't be missing this I bet...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory