Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 04:10:23:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662961 Posts in 298829 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrats guess wrong on health care 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Democrats guess wrong on health care  (Read 3157 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« on: 09 23, 10, 02:13:43:PM » Reply

Democrats guess wrong on health care

This is a sob story, they knew full well what they were doing. They were governing against the will of the People....

[HIGHLIGHT=#NaNNaNNaN]

Rarely have so many political strategists been so wrong about something so big.

But when it comes to the health care bill, everyone from former President Bill Clinton on down whiffed on some of the more significant predictions.  //<![CDATA[var clickDataFile = "http://www.politico.com/click/widget/xml/clickstoryWidget.xml";var pol44DataFile = "http://www.politico.com/politico44/widget/xml/pol44storyWidget.xml";var flashvars = {clickDataFile: clickDataFile, pol44DataFile: pol44DataFile};var params = {wmode: "opaque",allowScriptAccess: "always"};var attributes = {};attributes.id = "pol44ClickStoryWidget275";swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.politico.com/click/widget/clickPol44Widget_289x300.swf", "pol44ClickStoryWidget275", "289", "300", "9.0.124", "http://www.politico.com/expressInstall.swf", flashvars, params, attributes);//]]><!--/.story-embed-->

Democrats would run aggressively on the legislation? Nope. Voters would forget about the sausage-making aspects of the legislative process? Doesn’t seem that way, as the process contributed to the sense that the bill was deeply flawed.

And Clinton’s own promise to jittery Democrats that their poll numbers would skyrocket after the bill finally passed also didn’t pan out, as the party is fighting for its life in the midterms.

At the six-month mark, the law remains a riddle for political analysts, lawmakers and the White House. Here’s a look at some of the predictions that have proved off the mark.

“I’m telling you, I don’t care how low they drive support for this with misinformation. The minute the president signs the health care reform bill, approval will go up, because Americans are inherently optimistic.” — Bill Clinton at the Netroots Nation convention in August 2009.

When Clinton spoke, Democratic lawmakers listened.

And why shouldn’t they? Clinton’s a party elder who battled back from his own defeat over health care reform, a Republican takeover of Congress and impeachment.

His sunny, longer-term outlook came at a time when Democrats were increasingly anxious about the protracted negotiations on Capitol Hill, the lack of focus on the economy and the mounting backlash from voters, as evidenced by the raucous town halls during the same month Clinton spoke.

A week before final passage, Democratic pollsters Douglas Schoen and Pat Caddell, who had worked for Clinton, pierced the optimism. They wrote a Washington Post op-ed warning the party had deluded itself into thinking that Americans wanted the bill. And as a result, they wrote, Democrats ran the risk of “unmitigated disaster” in November.

The Washington establishment responded in kind. Obama pollster Joel Benenson shot back that Schoen and Caddell were peddling “Republican myths.” The American Enterprise Institute’s Norm Ornstein and the Brookings Institution’s Thomas Mann penned a response column that started out by describing Schoen and Caddell as “disgruntled (if not former) Democrats.”

Nobody knows whether Democrats would be doing any better if they abandoned the health care push. They would have owned the issue regardless, given how long they had spent on it.

But six months later, Schoen and Caddell were more accurate in their predictions than their former boss: Public attitudes towards the legislation remain as negative and divided as when Obama signed it into law.

<!--/.story-text-->
<!--/.story-wrapper -->
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42588.html
Read more: [COLOR=#003399 href=http]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42588.html#ixzz10NTOejD7
[/URL]
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #1 on: 09 23, 10, 02:17:09:PM » Reply

BULLSHIT

Today some of the best aspects of health insurance reform go into effect.

TODAY.

Today is also the day the Republicans announce they seek to repeal these good changes.

We'll see who winds up "wrong" on this when real American voters go to the polls without having been called by rASSmuffin
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #2 on: 09 23, 10, 02:22:44:PM » Reply

BULLSHIT

Today some of the best aspects of health insurance reform go into effect.

TODAY.

Today is also the day the Republicans announce they seek to repeal these good changes.

We'll see who winds up "wrong" on this when real American voters go to the polls without having been called by rASSmuffin

Such a 'kooky' reply....

Why, pray tell do a significant majority of the People support it's repeal?Huh?? Hmmmmm....
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #3 on: 09 23, 10, 02:24:38:PM » Reply

They DON'T support repeal in the real world.

rASSmuffin is just earning his commissions by polling his list of "likely voters" who actually answer phone calls from strangers
John Adams

« Reply #4 on: 09 23, 10, 02:29:42:PM » Reply

They DON'T support repeal in the real world.

rASSmuffin is just earning his commissions by polling his list of "likely voters" who actually answer phone calls from strangers

Please provide a reputable poll that supports your assertion, if you can......
captain_kook

« Reply #5 on: 09 23, 10, 02:31:03:PM » Reply

Talk to me on November 3
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 09 23, 10, 02:32:41:PM » Reply

Politico is not some rightwing tool. The reality is that the current Congress is about to reap what they have sown. Those unfaithful stewards of our country are close to their November pink slip.
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #7 on: 09 23, 10, 02:33:56:PM » Reply

Absolute lie!
captain_kook

« Reply #8 on: 09 23, 10, 02:35:51:PM » Reply

I can really see the GOP strategy working:

Vote us in and we''l do NOTHING for you!

In fact - we promise to UNDO everything that has been accomplished on the behalf of the American people over the objections of the oligarchs and corporations!

That'll really work fer shure
captain_kook

« Reply #9 on: 09 23, 10, 02:36:47:PM » Reply

Absolute lie!

Really? You must have missed today's briefing
John Adams

« Reply #10 on: 09 23, 10, 02:38:45:PM » Reply

I can really see the GOP strategy working:

Vote us in and we''l do NOTHING for you!

In fact - we promise to UNDO everything that has been accomplished on the behalf of the American people over the objections of the oligarchs and corporations!

That'll really work fer shure

Really, show where the support is on the part of the People for the major legislative bills passed.

Let me help you;

commie care?Huh??

financial reform?Huh??

porkulus?Huh?

You still have not shown where a majority of the People do not support repeal of commiecare.... I will wait....
lluke47

« Reply #11 on: 09 23, 10, 02:40:38:PM » Reply

The only change I have seen this week was my insurance changes for the coming year, I have a 20% increase in my premiums and my medicine co-pay doubled, thanks you stupid liberal pos..

it's not right that working people have to pay extra for a liberal parasite to have what s/h/it didn't earn...there's going to be a revolt in this country soon and before I'm too old I want to be part of that..
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Democrats guess wrong on health care
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory