Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 07:59:28:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump asked Tillerson to help broker deal to end US prosecution of ... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Trump asked Tillerson to help broker deal to end US prosecution of ...  (Read 18 times)
wvit1001

« on: 10 15, 19, 10:04:48:AM » Reply

More of trump's swampy dealing come to light -

Trump asked Tillerson to help broker deal to end US prosecution of Turkish trader represented by Giuliani

Trump sought to enlist then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in fall 2017 to work with Rudy Giuliani to help stop the prosecution of a Turkish Iranian gold trader represented by the former New York mayor, according to people with knowledge of the request.

Trump urged Tillerson in an Oval Office meeting to try to craft a diplomatic “deal’’ to stop the US case against Reza Zarrab on corruption charges, in exchange for concessions from Turkey. The request shocked the then-secretary of state, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations involving the president.

At the time, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was personally lobbying Trump to get the charges dropped.

Trump, in turn, repeatedly raised the topic with Tillerson — including directly in the Oval Office meeting, according to people with knowledge of the episode.

The president was joined in the Oval Office by two of Zarrab’s attorneys, Giuliani and Michael Mukasey, a former attorney general under President George W. Bush, who proposed swapping the trader for an American pastor in Turkish custody, according to two people familiar with the meeting.

‘‘The president says, ‘Guys, give Rex your pitch,’” according to one of the people.

Tillerson was so unsettled by the extraordinary request to intervene in an ongoing criminal investigation that he complained to then-Chief of Staff John Kelly that he believed it was inappropriate, according to a former administration official. Kelly told him to disregard it, the official said.

The revelation of the 2017 episode comes as Trump is facing an impeachment inquiry into allegations that he used his office to seek ammunition against a political rival.

In both cases, Trump bypassed standard government procedures and turned to Giuliani — a private lawyer with separate interests — to take part in discussions about US policy. At the time of the Tillerson meeting, Giuliani was one of the president’s staunchest political allies, someone who Trump later tapped in 2018 to personally represent him.

In an interview, Giuliani confirmed he sought a prisoner exchange but declined to comment on any private discussions on the topic.

‘‘There was no such meeting where Tillerson got angry,” he said. ‘‘There was no such meeting as the one you described.”

Asked about his meetings with Trump and other officials about Zarrab, he declined to answer. “You’re not my prosecutor,’’ he said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2019/10/11/trump-asked-tillerson-help-broker-deal-end-prosecution-turkish-trader-represented-giuliani/t63EJw9oBnfvQvTRby9tPP/story.html
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 10 15, 19, 10:07:20:AM » Reply

Ah, more rumor and innuendo!

Don't you ever get tired of gossip, Wvit?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 10 15, 19, 10:09:23:AM » Reply

you don't believe this is true?    I guess we will see as the rats continue turning on trump and deserting his sinking ship.   
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #3 on: 10 15, 19, 10:33:25:AM » Reply

All you have is the word of fake news propagandists claiming anonymous people have said something!
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 10 15, 19, 10:34:41:AM » Reply

hahahahahhahahaa.    fake new propagandist.  hahahahhahahahaa    you trumpsters are a goofy bunch.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #5 on: 10 15, 19, 11:05:07:AM » Reply

clue to d2:  all the things you've identified as "rumor and innuendo"...have proven to be true.

face it:  You are a traitor to American democratic values and support fascist Fuhrer Trump.
D2D

« Reply #6 on: 10 15, 19, 11:52:57:AM » Reply

Then produce the proof!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 10 15, 19, 01:00:54:PM » Reply

So?
D2D

« Reply #8 on: 10 15, 19, 01:37:47:PM » Reply

See?

Jw2 has absolutely no facts on his side!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump asked Tillerson to help broker deal to end US prosecution of ...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory