Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:35:11:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653660 Posts in 297945 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why Shepard Smith left FOX News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Why Shepard Smith left FOX News  (Read 36 times)
wvit1001

« on: 10 14, 19, 05:10:20:PM » Reply

With President Trump actively distorting the truth and many of his own colleagues helping him do it, the Fox News star prided himself on anchoring a newscast that countered the network's pro-Trump opinion shows.

The way Smith saw it, he was making sure that accurate information was getting on Fox's air.

"I wonder," he told a Time magazine reporter last year, "if I stopped delivering the facts, what would go in its place in this place that is most watched, most listened, most viewed, most trusted? I don't know."

But he reached a breaking point. Sometime in September, according to a well-placed source, he went to Fox News management and asked to be let out of his long-term contract. Tensions with the opinion shows were getting to be too much.

In late September, 8 p.m. host Tucker Carlson mocked Smith for standing up for his friend and colleague Judge Andrew Napolitano after the judge was called a "fool" by one of Carlson's guests. The network's lack of a vocal defense for Smith following the incident bothered him and the whole episode factored into his decision to leave, according to a person familiar with the matter.

But that episode was just one of many skirmishes that weighed heavily on Smith.

Executives at the network leaned on him to stay, but to no avail. On Friday afternoon he announced his departure on the air, then exited the building immediately, clearly emotional about saying goodbye to his television home of twenty years.

Smith was a Fox News original. He didn't change over the years -- the network changed around him.

For months I have been working on a book about Fox News in the Trump age. Staffers have been confiding in me about the challenges of covering the news inside a network that is increasingly defined by sychophantic pro-Trump personalities like Sean Hannity.

"Some of the top names among the news side at Fox" have been "leaving voluntarily one by one," a former staffer pointed out, as big chunks of the network have basically been co-opted by Trump.

Carl Cameron, who used to be Fox's chief political correspondent, said earlier this year, "Shep and I were among the first hires" at Fox "and I give that man huge credit for continuing to do it. I reached my limit." He left soon after Trump took office.

Smith had an incredibly sweet gig, at least on paper. His most recent contract reached $15 million a year, according to a person familiar with the matter, far more than he would make at any other channel.

"Years ago, he told me it was all about the money," one of Smith's former colleagues said.

But in the Trump age, that former colleague said, it wasn't "about the money anymore. It's about saying he's holding down the mantle of journalism."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-shep-smith-finally-walked-out-of-fox-news-for-good/ar-AAIEh0H?ocid=msn360
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 10 14, 19, 05:46:59:PM » Reply

With President Trump's democrat enemies actively distorting the truth and many of their own colleagues helping them do it, the left wing media star prided himself on anchoring a newscast that countered accurate news on the Trump administration.

The way they saw it, they were making sure that false information on Trump was getting on the air.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 10 14, 19, 05:56:32:PM » Reply

More opinion from Dan ha ha Ha ha ha
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 10 14, 19, 05:59:23:PM » Reply

And more opinions from you.  You betcha!  So?  Smith is a liberal ideologue with an agenda.  Don't even try to pretend he is objective.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 10 14, 19, 06:06:13:PM » Reply

Trolling Dan trolling again
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 10 14, 19, 06:09:00:PM » Reply

Trolling vit trolling again.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #6 on: 10 14, 19, 07:52:20:PM » Reply

More likely he has AIDS and is dying. I'll bet you hear about his demise within a year or so.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #7 on: 10 14, 19, 07:59:05:PM » Reply

I like Shep and will miss his sarcastic reporting!

I am sure one day he will recognize the Democrat party for what it is!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why Shepard Smith left FOX News
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About