Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 10:44:30:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663148 Posts in 298846 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump criticizes automakers for not backing fuel economy rollback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump criticizes automakers for not backing fuel economy rollback  (Read 340 times)
wvit1001

« on: 08 21, 19, 12:12:13:PM » Reply

Trump chastised automakers on Wednesday for not backing his administration’s plan to roll back Obama-era fuel efficiency rules.

Last month, Ford Motor Co (F.N), Honda Motor Co (7267.T), BMW AG (BMWG.DE) and Volkswagen AG (VOWG_p.DE) reached a voluntary agreement with California on fuel efficiency rules, defying Trump and his administration’s effort to strip the state of the right to fight climate change by setting its own standards.

The White House has urged other automakers not to back the California agreement, while Democrats have been calling and writing automakers urging them to sign on with California.

The Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday ridiculed the voluntary framework, which it said “so far has been nothing more than a press release.”

“My proposal to the politically correct Automobile Companies would lower the average price of a car to consumers by more than $3000, while at the same time making the cars substantially safer. Engines would run smoother. Very little impact on the environment! Foolish executives!” Trump tweeted.

Gloria Bergquist, a spokeswoman for the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, representing General Motors Co (GM.N), Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T), Ford, Volkswagen and others, said the companies “look forward to seeing a final rule soon. We support increases to standards that optimize all the priorities, including affordability so more Americans can buy a new car, plus preserving jobs and safety at the same time.”

Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune said Trump’s tweet was completely untrue. “Trump’s rollback is unraveling from every corner,” he said.

All major automakers are on record saying they oppose the administration’s “preferred option” announced in August 2018, which would freeze fuel economy requirements at 2020 levels through 2026.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-emissions-trump/trump-criticizes-automakers-for-not-backing-fuel-economy-rollback-idUSKCN1VB1QQ?utm_source=reddit.com
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #1 on: 08 21, 19, 12:20:53:PM » Reply

So Trump wants cars to be more affordable and efficient

Glad to have one in the WH who is looking out for consumers isnt it nutwit ?

wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 08 21, 19, 12:22:59:PM » Reply

Why would they support trump's proposal? They've already invested a ton of money on building more efficient vehicles that the world wants, and they know damn well that the next president after Trump is bound to re-implement the rules, so why risk having to start over when it's cheaper to just keep going.

Today's cars last longer, have more fuel efficient engines, and make more horsepower than ever.   Why would trump want to change something that's working?
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #3 on: 08 21, 19, 12:27:54:PM » Reply

Let's bring back leaded gasoline while we're at it.  MAGA!
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 08 21, 19, 12:29:42:PM » Reply

and while we're at it dump fuel injection and go back to simple carburetors.    Fuel injection is the work of the devil. 
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 08 21, 19, 12:32:57:PM » Reply

Key findings include:

The rollback will cost American consumers an additional $460 billion, which comes out to an added $3300 per new vehicle, compared to keeping the current standards, taking into account fuel costs and vehicle costs, among other factors.

The rollback is equivalent to forcing new vehicle buyers to pay an additional gas tax of $0.63 per gallon by 2025, except instead of that added cost going towards a community improvement project like infrastructure, it goes directly to oil companies.

About 70 percent of the additional fuel costs from the rollback will fall on pickup truck, minivan, and SUV drivers.

The rollback will harm the automotive industry, lowering vehicle sales by over 2 million through 2035.

The rollback means losing out on the development and installation of fuel-saving technology, which, under the current standards, would have saved drivers $3 for every $1 invested.

https://advocacy.consumerreports.org/press_release/unsaferule/

Consumer Reports is obviously a commie organization with a mission to derail the trump train.    Right?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #6 on: 08 21, 19, 01:29:22:PM » Reply

More unfounded unbacked up BS from commie nutwit who doesn’t like America prosperity

I hope his plan Is implemented as my diesel will get almost double the mileage as they did decades ago and cost me and other consumers less money at the pump and at the car so
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 08 21, 19, 01:40:11:PM » Reply

diesel engines are seeing huuuuge improvements in quality and efficiency.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 08 21, 19, 01:41:19:PM » Reply

The implementation of a new diesel fuel standard in the US has considerably improved the environmental performance of diesel vehicles. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says
that the new ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel has combined with other improved technologies to reduce diesel's particulate matter (PM) emissions by 99%.

Aside from the ULSD fuel itself, associated technological improvements appear in two primary areas: engine efficiency and emissions control. In recent years, says the US Dept. of Energy (DoE), better fuel injection and electronic engine controls have increased the power and efficiency of diesel engines and improved acceleration. Newer engine designs are quieter and smoother and start better in cold weather than in years past.

https://www.designnews.com/electronics-test/engine-improvements-are-making-diesel-cleaner/27547186245706
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #9 on: 08 21, 19, 01:45:08:PM » Reply

Wrong again nutwit

Diesels are far less efficient today, just ask any diesel owner about the MPG today vs previous to the emissions that killed their mileage  before you make yourself look foolish here
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 08 21, 19, 01:46:33:PM » Reply

hahahahahhaahhahaha.   you're such a zippy.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #11 on: 08 21, 19, 03:47:09:PM » Reply

administration’s effort to strip the state of the right to setting its own standards.
[/FONT]

What the hell are you talking about?  Trump just GAVE them the right to set their own standards.

So car makers are are defying Trump's order to let them do whatever they want???  What the hell does that mean?

"Sorry Mr. President.  We insist you tell us what to do.  We refuse to do what we want.  We are not going to tolerate you getting out of our way!"

Do you not see how absurd that is?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump criticizes automakers for not backing fuel economy rollback
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory