Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 05:06:29:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660804 Posts in 298625 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Tired, but happy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Tired, but happy  (Read 397 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 08 07, 19, 12:27:48:PM » Reply

Well, the long family reunion weekend is over.  Had a fantastic time, I'm sorry, but people just don't eat enough these days, we're left with a house full of food.  The kids left early this morning, so no more house full boys, house full of noise.  It's our last day off too, so we'll be busy cleaning, clearing, and making a run to the food back with leftovers. 

I'm exhausted, but so happy we got as many people together as we did.  Can't wait to do it again.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 08 07, 19, 03:59:23:PM » Reply

Lovely to be able to do that takn.  I always buy too much food as well.  It's invasion mentality.  So glad you got to  do this and build memories.

We're having family in just over a week with a very active toddler.  Hope hubby will survive it.  I'm hunting for baby gates, toys, highchair, etc.  I'll be at the local garage sales this weekend.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 08 07, 19, 05:16:14:PM » Reply

Always quiet around here. Glad you had fun, taken.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 08 08, 19, 01:48:26:PM » Reply

Emily, check Facebook marketplace and if you have a nextdoor neighbor site, they are outstanding resources.  We found a lot of Tonka trucks and toys for the grandbabies that way, even found a highchair that attaches to the dining room chairs, Teddy loved it and Mom and Dad were able to enjoy dinner at the table with the rest of us.

it's like this one.

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 08 10, 19, 03:00:36:PM » Reply

Good advice takn, this weekend I got a booster seat/highchair similar to the one in your pic and baby gate on loan from the local Buy Nothing organization.  Still have the Pack and Play that he can sleep in from the last visit.  He's a very busy toddler now!  We then visited garage sales and I got some cute toys and didn't find a rocking horse but found a rocking cow.  Hannah thinks it's a new friend and won't leave it alone.  Hubby 'groomed' it and it is out on the deck but this morning I smelled a skunk and was hoping that the skunk didn't come on our deck thinking it was a new friend too.  Our neighbor's dog got skunked last week at around 11 pm when they let him out to have his pee before going to bed.  Poor things, the smell was so bad and tomato juice didn't work so one of them ended up driving into town at midnight to the emergency vet open 24 hours to get a prescription as they couldn't stand the smell.

* Rocking cow.jpg (15.36 KB, 120x213 - viewed 29 times.)

* Rockingcow2.jpg (15 KB, 120x213 - viewed 28 times.)
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 08 12, 19, 01:31:03:PM » Reply

Yikes, had a dog get skunked years ago.  I was living out in the boonies, and had let "Hobo" out to potty.  When he came back in, he immediately ran into my room and crawled under the bed.  After about an hour I climbed in and the smell was overwhelming...I knew something was up...got him to sheepishly come out, got a whiff and thought crap...so I put him in the tub, used every bit of tomato juice, tomato sauce, and lemon juice I had in the house.  Luckily, it worked enough that I was able to get back to sleep.  The next morning, I bathed him again using the hubby's head and shoulders and a shampoo from the hardware store that was supposed to delouse livestock, LOL.  I can't remember the name.  Then I moved the bed and scrubbed the carpet with lemon juice and baking soda. 

..these were the days before the internet and cell phones, so I had to try to use my brain to remember what my mother used when the dogs got into a skunk.  And when I went to the hardware store in the morning to get more supplies, everyone had their own "home remedy"...LOL
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Tired, but happy
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory