Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 09:26:24:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653715 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Data can't convince Americans the economy is doing well 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Data can't convince Americans the economy is doing well  (Read 92 times)
wvit1001

« on: 06 26, 19, 10:26:13:AM » Reply

That's because for most Americans the economy isn't doing anything for them.   Their paychecks aren't rising and their taxes haven't changed much.

trump's economy is for the wealthy and for big business, the regular person doesn't get anything out of it other than paying trump's tariffs.

Stock indexes are flirting with all-time highs and unemployment is at its lowest level since 1966, but many Americans still don’t think the economy is doing too hot.

A new Bankrate survey of more than 1,000 U.S. consumers found 39% believe the economy is “not so good” or “poor.” A sample of financial experts, in comparison, all rated the economy as “good” or “excellent.” The survey was conducted via telephone May 21-26, with a margin of error of less than 4%, according to Bankrate.

Lower-income Americans are simply not doing as well as macro indicators suggest, said Julia Coronado, an associate professor of finance at the University of Texas at Austin and one of the nine experts surveyed. “There’s growing inequality,” she said. “Even though the data show that low-wage earners are getting more raises recently, they’ve endured years of high unemployment and stagnant wages. So a couple of years with a few wage gains isn’t really changing their perception of their economic situation.”

Many Americans are ill-equipped for another recession, the survey found. Half said they’re not comfortable with their emergency funds, and 28% said they have no emergency savings at all. Only 18% said they have enough money to cover six months of expenses, the lowest number in the poll’s nine-year history.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/data-cant-convince-americans-the-economy-is-doing-well/ar-AADqlXv?li=BBnbfcN
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 06 26, 19, 10:49:40:AM » Reply

Here's an example of why -

The 57-year-old makes just over $15 an hour driving the trucks that deliver meals for flights out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport, where he’s worked for 38 years. Kirkpatrick, who is about to get remarried, said he wanted his fiance and her two children to live in a safe neighborhood. So he started cutting grass to earn extra income.

“My salary affects everything I do,” he said. “I can’t even walk to the mailbox without thinking about my salary.”

Kirkpatrick is one of thousands of U.S. airline catering industry employees who have voted to strike or are considering to do so. The workers are frustrated by low wages and high health care costs, according to their union. They prepare food and drinks for American, Delta, United and other airlines, but most work for third-party companies.

Under U.S. law, a strike would need to be approved by a federal agency. But if workers strike, it could mean flights won’t have food and beverages, said union spokesman Adam Yalowitz. The workers’ responsibilities include preparing meals and drinks passengers may have on flights. They also load that food onto planes.

At Charlotte Douglas, around 175 people work for the nation’s largest airline catering company, LSG Sky Chefs. The union that represents workers in Charlotte and elsewhere, Unite Here, is in the midst of federal mediation with LSG Sky Chefs over a new contract.

A report prepared by the union found that Charlotte’s minimum wage for airline catering workers of $8.40 per hour was the lowest of any hub airport. But analysts have said Charlotte is also among the most profitable hubs for American Airlines, with the highest operating margin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/frustrated-workers-who-prep-airline-food-for-clt-planes-may-go-on-strike-heres-why/ar-AADqlpM
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 06 26, 19, 10:59:23:AM » Reply

The data shows that Americans are optimistic about the economy.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 06 26, 19, 11:05:45:AM » Reply

What data shows that chuck?   any links or sources?    you're constantly making up stuff as you go along so you can't really be trusted to give any real honest comments.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 06 26, 19, 11:08:49:AM » Reply

American voters give President Donald Trump a negative 38 - 57 percent approval rating, compared to a negative 41 - 55 percent approval in a May 2 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll.

American voters give Trump mixed grades for his handling of the economy as 48 percent approve and 45 percent disapprove. He gets negative grades for handling other issues:
37 - 58 percent for handling foreign policy;
39 - 53 percent for handling trade;
40 - 50 percent for handling the nation's policy toward China;
37 - 47 percent for handling the nation's policy toward Iran.

Voters say 48 - 40 percent the president's trade policies are bad for the U.S. economy, and say 44 - 36 percent that these policies are bad for their personal financial situation.

"The nation's economy is pretty darn good and President Donald Trump's approval numbers are pretty darn awful," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. "So what to make of the good news, bad news mashup and how to correct it?

"For the moment, the disparity leaves the president on shaky re-election ground."

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2622
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #5 on: 06 26, 19, 12:04:40:PM » Reply

The economy is doing so well, the commies have nothing to do but call it the Obama economy. 
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 06 26, 19, 12:08:35:PM » Reply

it's doing well for a few people.  not so well for others.   trump's tariffs are costing Americans money from their checks and while the already wealthy are getting wealthier under trump's policies the money isn't trickling down to working people.

you old people probably don't know any difference as your checks come regardless.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #7 on: 06 26, 19, 12:24:57:PM » Reply

Americans are optimistic about the economy, no matter how much you don't want them to be.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 06 26, 19, 12:26:54:PM » Reply

the evidence says most of them aren't chuck.   
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Data can't convince Americans the economy is doing well
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory