Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 06:58:21:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663494 Posts in 298882 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Under Trump, the GOP has struggled to win at the ballot box 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Under Trump, the GOP has struggled to win at the ballot box  (Read 58 times)
wvit1001

« on: 06 18, 19, 10:49:46:AM » Reply

It’s gained one Senate seat (two during last year’s midterms, but it lost Alabama’s Senate seat in an earlier special election).

It’s lost some 40 House seats and control of that chamber to Democrats.

And it’s lost eight governorships — New Jersey in 2017, and from Illinois to Kansas in 2018.

Of course, midterms do that presidents: Both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama lost big in their first midterm cycles before winning re-election.

The question is how the Republican Party fares when Trump’s name is once again on the ballot.

But if 2018 taught us anything, it’s how political gravity does apply to Trump and his party — an unpopular president will take a beating.

And that’s especially true for someone who no longer has Bushes and Clinton as foils to run against.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/under-trump-gop-has-struggled-win-ballot-box-n1018626
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 06 18, 19, 10:58:31:AM » Reply

Still waiting for that big blue wave!

The wave in 2018 was not what it was supposed to be!

wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 06 18, 19, 10:59:41:AM » Reply

it hit in 2018 goofy.    You must have slept through it.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #3 on: 06 18, 19, 11:01:20:AM » Reply

LOL!

Democrats failed to gain the normal number of seats in the house on an off year election and actually lost seats in the Senate!

You poor silly child, don't you remember?
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 06 18, 19, 11:01:43:AM » Reply

The final votes are being counted from the 2018 election. They confirm that the Democrats crushed Republicans.

Let's start in the seat count. Republican Rep. David Valadao of California's 21st District conceded on Thursday to Democrat T.J. Cox.

Cox's victory combined with other election results means that Democrats have picked up a net gain of 40 seats.

As has oft been repeated, this is the largest Democratic House gain since 1974. It's a larger gain than Democrats had in the wave elections of both 1982 and 2006.

We can go back even further and see how unusual it is that Democrats picked up this many seats. If you go back all the way to first election of the post-World War II era (1946), there have only been three elections in which Democrats net gained more seats than they did in 2018. Put another way, this was the fourth best performance for Democrats in the 37 general House elections since President Donald Trump was born.

Importantly, Democrats didn't just win because Republicans turnout was low. This year had the highest turnout for any midterm election at 50.1% in the last 100 years. Turnout was about 35 million more people than it was four years ago, when Republicans expanded their House majority.

The 2018 large turnout allowed House Democrats to win about 10 million more votes than House Republicans. That's the largest raw vote margin in a House midterm election ever.

This wasn't just a blue wave in the House. It was a tsunami.
D2D

« Reply #5 on: 06 18, 19, 11:07:20:AM » Reply

Your imagination cannot alter the facts as I stated them!

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Under Trump, the GOP has struggled to win at the ballot box
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory