Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 01:55:03:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660655 Posts in 298613 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Robots make me rude! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Robots make me rude!  (Read 760 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 06 05, 19, 03:18:19:PM » Reply

The trouble is I shout back at them and they can't hear me.  You can't call any company without getting a robot anymore.  I tried to call Verizon, where I used to get a real person, and first off a robot asked me to explain why I was calling and then directed me to another robot.  I kept shouting "customer service" and then the robot informed me it might take a while ("the call volume is high today") and after 20 minutes I hung up. 

Today I get a phone call from my eye doctor's office to remind me of my eye appointment tomorrow. They could have just texted me, but no I had to listen to a robot telling me to arrange for someone to "transport" me, like I was a piece of cargo.  Couldn't they just say "drive"?  I told the robot that I would call freightliner, but of course they can't hear you.  The robot did offer a link to contact them online but first one has to prove they're not a robot by looking at pictures and identifying inanimate objects.  When I finally got a real person after another long wait (I'm tenacious), I asked him to prove to me he wasn't a robot, but he didn't have a sense of humor.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 06, 19, 04:27:18:AM » Reply

LOL    I caught myself yelling at them too.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 06 06, 19, 11:02:23:AM » Reply

Lately, I've been dealing with a spate of robocalls leaving messages about everything from "fixing" my credit, to my social security number being suspended. 

I get tired of the "press 1" menu stuff...but technology has made it far easier for businesses to simply ignore the human interaction side that we really need to get things done.  That's why we have become such a consumable nation.  It's easier to throw shit out and start over than try to fix the problems with the stuff we have.

I have to go to the Verizon store to get a new battery and screen protector...and to update my plan...I am not about to "order replacements" online and try it myself and since I am pissed that Verizon stopped texting me plan usage updates, I want to give them a piece of my mind...which frankly, I don't need anymore...LOL
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 06 06, 19, 02:25:32:PM » Reply

How outrageous/illegal --Robot spam calls coming in, claiming all sorts of lies in an attempt to get personal info.

Yep. Calling customer service for just about anything is such a pain, such as, "tell us what you are calling about" and instead of the robot then being quiet it goes on to say "you can say things like..." and keeps yammering with examples. (Such a waste of time) Then says "Ok, how can I help you today"
And no matter what you say the robot says "I'm sorry, I didn't get that". And if you speak or press what dept you want while robot is giving examples of what you can say, it still says" I'm sorry, I didn't get that"--in other words it won't let you speak over the dumb machine.
Just one example of many.
Normally I try not to say anything and press zero/a number...or yep, keep yelling "Customer Service!" Lol. Emily, those darn machines don't have your wicked Brit humour/humor. Wicked meaning good of course. Hope your eye appointment goes well.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 06 07, 19, 12:54:46:AM » Reply

Exactly Pacifica, takn and sun.  We are ganged up on by robots or as hubby says, we are dealing with artificial intelligence.

My eye appointment confirmed I'm holding my own, but if it gets any worse I dread to think of having to give up driving.  So far, so good,  but I wish my eye doctors had put me on to Preservision (very necessary vitamins to maintain eye health) a long while ago.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 07, 19, 04:49:32:AM » Reply

I sometimes pick up the phone, say nothing and wait them out to say something first.... then if a human says something, I press a number and hold it down so it leaves a screeching tone... they hang up.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 06 07, 19, 01:38:41:PM » Reply

Great idea
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 06 07, 19, 05:56:47:PM » Reply

The silent treatment seems to be as much fun. I just pick it up and listen. They always give up. But they don't say a word either.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 06 08, 19, 10:18:56:AM » Reply

I got this phone call once where there was just heavy breathing and this idiot said, "this is an obscene phone call", so I said "I'm an obscene listener, so carry on" and he quickly hung up.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 06 08, 19, 04:50:01:PM » Reply

LOL!!!!Reminds me of the time I told some idiot " You do realize you just called the IRS". Bam. That phone ent down so fast.

And one time someone called for "Matt".   I said "Just a minute, he's lying by the front door". Got a giggle and a hangup.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 06 11, 19, 01:36:32:PM » Reply

Just got a call from Microsoft saying I downloaded malware. I told her GET LOST you scammer and she suddenly hung up. lol
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 06 12, 19, 11:09:34:AM » Reply

I love the responses!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Robots make me rude!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory