Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 12:30:48:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660621 Posts in 298609 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: China didn't steal our jobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: China didn't steal our jobs  (Read 569 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 27, 19, 12:48:45:PM » Reply

American corporations gave our jobs to China.

Trump's trade war points the finger in the wrong direction. China behaved normally; corporate CEOs betrayed us

Yes, it is true that numerous American manufacturing jobs have been shipped overseas to China, thereby leaving American workers jobless and suffering.

But China did not steal these jobs.

No. These jobs were given to China. It was all legal and legitimate. China merely accepted the gift.

What would anyone expect China to do? Accepting these jobs was a perfectly rational course of action.

China was an underdeveloped nation with a large population of poor people willing to work for a fraction of the hourly wages of American workers. And then corporations came along and presented China with an attractive offer: We would like to build manufacturing plants in China and hire droves of your unemployed people to work there. What was China supposed to do? Naturally, China said yes.

This is hardly stealing.

It is true that these new jobs in China were intended to displace American workers. But does that concern belong to China? Does China have the responsibility to care for the well-being of American workers? Is China supposed to prioritize American workers over its own workers?

And who profited from the destruction to American workers? It was the wealthy executives and shareholders of American corporations. They earned millions of dollars for themselves by cutting the costs of their workforce.

Trump blaming China is nonsense. China is not at fault. To be sure, China is hardly an angel and indeed engages in improper trade practices. But even if China agreed to whatever bone-headed demands Trump is seeking, the problem still would not be solved. The truth is that America cannot possibly compete against China on labor costs. The standard of living is much lower in China and thus Chinese workers are willing to accept wages far below living wages in America. So corporate America will continue to transfer more and more jobs to China and elsewhere. If we do not address this fundamental economic reality, then we will never solve the problem.

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/27/no-mr-president-china-didnt-steal-our-jobs-corporate-america-gave-them-away/
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 05 27, 19, 01:02:19:PM » Reply

China still charges higher tariffs on our goods than we charge to them.

American corporations left the U.S. because of high taxes, high regulations, and high labor cost.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 05 27, 19, 01:06:30:PM » Reply

do you think America should have taxes like china, labor costs like china, and regulations like china dan?
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #3 on: 05 27, 19, 01:10:23:PM » Reply

well, for everyone else except anchoragedan.

not everyone can live in a welfare state like Alaska.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #4 on: 05 27, 19, 01:36:01:PM » Reply

What evidence do you have that Mr. Dan is on welfare, ms/mr jw2?
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 05 27, 19, 01:37:42:PM » Reply

do you think America should have taxes like china, labor costs like china, and regulations like china omaiqt?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #6 on: 05 27, 19, 01:47:44:PM » Reply

No, it wasnt China, it was disgraced and impeached Democrat criminal BJCLinton who signed the laws NAFT/GATT sending our industries offshore.  His parting shot to the ass of America after giving the Chi-Coms our rocket technology!

Put the blame where the blame is due

Don’t know how nutwit can live with his lies

* 5125D3B7-D79A-4377-95AE-987835A09DB5.jpeg (38.06 KB, 255x344 - viewed 10 times.)
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 05 27, 19, 01:48:03:PM » Reply

do you think America should have taxes like china, labor costs like china, and regulations like china dan?

I've been very clear on those issues, wvit.  You know very well I do not advocate for that.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #8 on: 05 27, 19, 01:50:46:PM » Reply

well, for everyone else except anchoragedan.

Johniel is just upset that Anchorage gets far more daylight than he gets.

not everyone can live in a welfare state like Alaska.

A lot of people live in the welfare state of Illinois, so don't get too jealous, johniel.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 05 27, 19, 01:52:35:PM » Reply

What evidence do you have that Mr. Dan is on welfare, ms/mr jw2?

Zero.  He is referring to Alaska's generous welfare benefits and subsidized health care programs other Alaskans receive.
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 05 27, 19, 02:38:22:PM » Reply

so what was your goal in your comment dan?   evidently it was nothing as you said you don't believe the US should have less regulations, lower pay, and lower taxes like China.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #11 on: 05 27, 19, 02:56:04:PM » Reply

You know who it was that was responsible for America industry disintegration,

don’t you nutwit Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: China didn't steal our jobs
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel