Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 03:54:09:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662486 Posts in 298786 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Electric vehicles are paving the way to bipartisanship 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Electric vehicles are paving the way to bipartisanship  (Read 2553 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #60 on: 05 27, 19, 01:33:21:PM » Reply

the guy who wrote your long long opinion piece denies that MMCC is real.   but then he says that electric vehicles aren't green enough.    not green enough for what?

It was a provocative, edgy headline, just the kind of thing that might generate a few extra clicks: “Are electric cars worse for the environment?”

That’s what Jonathan Lesser’s May 15 op-ed in Politico asked. Let’s get the answer out of the way: No. Electric vehicles are, as most anyone would correctly guess, much better for the environment than gasoline-powered cars.

But Lesser had “crunched the numbers,” in a report that he wrote for the Manhattan Institute, a think tank that has taken millions from the oil and gas industry and the Koch Brothers. In that report and his Politico op-ed hawking it, he claimed that switching to electric vehicles “will have no impact whatsoever on climate, and thus have no economic benefit.”

There’s one big problem: Lesser, in dozens of articles over the past decade that he’s written for the natural gas industry, has denied the very existence of climate change.

The person who is telling us that electric vehicles won’t do enough in the fight against climate change doesn’t even believe climate change is happening.

Electric vehicles are (obviously) better for the environment than gasoline engines

First, let’s dispense with the actual thesis of Lesser’s argument.

Yes, it is true that the electricity that charges electric vehicles still creates pollution from the power plants that make the electricity to charge them. EVs charged in parts of the country where the electric grid is powered with mostly coal will create more pollution than those charged on grids with more renewable energy. That’s a great reason why we need to keep phasing out coal and switching to wind and solar electricity.

But even right now, before the grid gets any greener, “driving and charging an electric vehicle anywhere in the United States produces fewer global warming emissions than driving an average new gas-powered vehicle.” That’s what the Union of Concerned Scientists found when it conducted a comprehensive “cradle to grave” life cycle analysis of greenhouse gas emissions from electric vehicles in November, 2015. Since then, driving an EV has only gotten greener compared to driving a car with a gasoline engine, as EVs get more efficient and the country keeps weaning itself off of coal and onto more renewable energy.

In his report, Lesser says he is talking about sulfur and nitrogen oxide pollution, not carbon dioxide emissions, which he begrudgingly acknowledges will be reduced by EVs.

The UCS report didn’t examine the sulfur or nitrogen emissions, but a separate, peer-reviewed study by scientists from the Carnegie Mellon Vehicle Electrification Group did look at those other pollutants in 2016. They examined EVs in one of the coal-heaviest parts of the country (the PJM grid) and found that by this year, 2018, coal plant retirements would make EVs as clean or cleaner than gasoline-powered cars on those other pollutant fronts too. Even if one were to discount the climate benefits of electric vehicles entirely, Lesser’s argument on these other kinds of pollution does not hold water. (Lesser’s report fails to acknowledge virtually any information from peer-reviewed studies like that one which have looked at the effects of electric vehicles on pollution.)

https://www.energyandpolicy.org/lesser-climate-denier-attacks-electric-vehicles/
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #61 on: 05 27, 19, 01:33:57:PM » Reply

How will the the X-kilowatts to recharge batteries be produced?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #62 on: 05 27, 19, 01:56:29:PM » Reply

Exactly!

The two post above explains that question
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #63 on: 05 27, 19, 01:57:19:PM » Reply

The reason Mars lost it's magnetic field, is because the core went cold, Mr. Dan.

That shouldn't matter.  Iron still generates a magnetic field when it rotates, whether it is in liquid or solid state.  Mars is still rotating.  Wvit's point is that molten iron generates the rotation.
wvit1001

« Reply #64 on: 05 27, 19, 02:20:17:PM » Reply

Yes, it is true that the electricity that charges electric vehicles still creates pollution from the power plants that make the electricity to charge them. EVs charged in parts of the country where the electric grid is powered with mostly coal will create more pollution than those charged on grids with more renewable energy. That’s a great reason why we need to keep phasing out coal and switching to wind and solar electricity.

But even right now, before the grid gets any greener, “driving and charging an electric vehicle anywhere in the United States produces fewer global warming emissions than driving an average new gas-powered vehicle.”
wvit1001

« Reply #65 on: 05 27, 19, 02:22:19:PM » Reply

Iron rotating creates a magnetic field?   no it doesn't dan, not by itself merely rotating.

I'm sure you know the answer to your guest ion but for some reason you want to keep playing stupid.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #66 on: 05 27, 19, 02:25:21:PM » Reply

Not true nutwit,

read my posts above to educate your biggoted biased conventional wisdom attitude, child !

Also,
By driving a ‘lectric car, you are oppressing the poor you say you are helping by being a DemoncRat !!!

I know that you prove here everyday, the hypocrisy in you is strong !
wvit1001

« Reply #67 on: 05 27, 19, 02:30:47:PM » Reply

what are you blabbering about sine?   and why do you keep posting such obviously bullshit articles?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #68 on: 05 27, 19, 02:32:49:PM » Reply

Except you still need to emit carbon dioxide to charge those car batteries.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #69 on: 05 27, 19, 02:36:54:PM » Reply

Nutwit says truth and common sense is blabbering now,

wonder what he calls his constant BS post he makes here daily, ad nauseum Huh?

Why does your bigotry keep you from seeing the truth, nutwit Huh?

Exactly Dan, tell it to the block heads here !
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #70 on: 05 27, 19, 02:37:08:PM » Reply

Iron rotating creates a magnetic field?   no it doesn't dan, not by itself merely rotating.

Do some research before responding so quickly.  Do you even know how an electric motor works?

you want to keep playing stupid.

You're not doing a very good job of educating me then.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #71 on: 05 27, 19, 02:38:39:PM » Reply

Wvi t is playing stupid.  He's pretending not to know that electric cars are not affordable to the poor.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Electric vehicles are paving the way to bipartisanship
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory