Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 09:37:38:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653644 Posts in 297945 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Electric vehicles are paving the way to bipartisanship 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Electric vehicles are paving the way to bipartisanship  (Read 2475 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 26, 19, 01:07:30:PM » Reply

Vehicle emissions, of course, also contribute to climate change. In fact, transportation is now the single largest U.S. contributor to the emissions that cause climate change. A report from the United Nations last year found that the world has less than 12 years to curb greenhouse gas emissions to mitigate the worst impacts of climate change.

The good news is, there’s something we can do about this – something both Republicans and Democrats can agree on. It’s time to get serious about electric vehicles.

Americans like electric vehicles. According to new data, more than four in 10 Americans said they would consider buying or leasing an electric vehicle as their next car. But Americans are more willing to buy them with incentives. More than 70 percent of Republicans and nearly 80 percent of Democrats said a guaranteed federal tax rebate of $7,500 would make them more likely to purchase an electric vehicle,

In a rare show of bipartisanship, Sens. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., and Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., along with colleagues Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine, and Gary Peters, D-Mich., are leading the charge to extend that credit to move cars and more consumers. Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Mich., introduced the legislation in the House. The bill, the Driving America Forward Act, ups the cap on the tax rebate for carmakers, allowing more people the opportunity to go electric and take advantage of the long-term cost-saving and health benefits.

If we don’t lead on electric vehicles, we will fall behind. In fact, we already are. The rest of the world is moving toward electrification, with places like China imposing electric vehicle mandates to phase out traditional engines. The United States has the opportunity to lead now on innovation – and jobs – while saving its own consumers at the pump.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jon-summers-electric-vehicles-are-paving-the-way-to-bipartisanship-this-memorial-day
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 05 26, 19, 01:50:29:PM » Reply

I am not entirely sure that I agree with the significance of auto emissions as a factor with America and air pollution.  Having said that, Electric cars are going to be the future very soon.  Unfortunately, while China, Europe, Japanese and Korean carmakers are doubling down to build better and more efficient electric cars, that is not what is occurring with US carmakers.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 05 26, 19, 01:54:34:PM » Reply

chevy is doing a good job with the Volt and American technology is leading the way in batteries and such.   But the implementation in our ideas is just not there in our country.   The implementation and manufacturing innovations are coming from other countries.
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 05 26, 19, 02:05:39:PM » Reply

There in lies the real problem.  America sits on its ass listening to The Base, The Red State, the TrEA$on party and Desperate Don, while the rest of the world moves ahead and leaves us behind and America is turned into a third world shithole.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #4 on: 05 26, 19, 02:27:33:PM » Reply

Why does nutwit and his koo koo posse here fall for the BS hype all the time Huh?

Electric Car-Owners Shocked: New Study Confirms EVs Considerably Worse For Climate Than Diesel Cars | Zero HedgeApr 22, 2019 ·

A battery pack for a Tesla Model 3 pollutes the climate with 11 to 15 tonnes of CO2. ... The Brussel Times reports that a new German study exposes how electric vehicles will hardly decrease CO2 ..
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #5 on: 05 26, 19, 02:31:15:PM » Reply

"hardly decrease" but it IS a decrease.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #6 on: 05 26, 19, 02:34:33:PM » Reply

Yet it does increase pollution duuuhhhvik !

Nope, no decrease there, comprehension challenge child
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 05 26, 19, 02:43:08:PM » Reply

Anti-EV hit pieces clog the blogosphere like pickup trucks on a Texas highway, but this one sounded much more serious than the usual anonymous speculation. A respected German research institute released a study claiming EVs are dirtier than diesel – music to the ears of many in the German auto industry.

“Considering Germany’s current energy mix and the amount of energy used in battery production, the CO2 emissions of battery-electric vehicles are, in the best case, slightly higher than those of a diesel engine, and are otherwise much higher,” reads the study from the Munich-based Institute for Economic Research (IFO).

Journalists immediately predicted that automakers would use the new study to lobby policymakers to abandon support for EVs. But, as those who follow the EV scene know, dozens of earlier studies from around the world have come to precisely the opposite conclusion. Could this really be a legitimate scientific study?

Nope. The specious study was promptly and definitively debunked. A few days after it appeared, two of Germany’s major media outlets published detailed analyses that exposed a long list of errors and inaccuracies in the report.

EV pundit Auke Hoekstra listed several of these, and wrote that it’s not even accurate to call the piece an academic study. “It is the opinion of three people…none of whom have any background in the (electric) car industry or batteries.” Hoekstra noted that he was not the first to debunk the article – just the first in English (Electrek’s Fred Lambert wasn’t far behind).

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/here-we-go-again-german-research-institute-claims-diesels-are-cleaner-than-evs/
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 05 26, 19, 02:48:04:PM » Reply

why do you constantly attempt to use outdated and/or debunked stuff like you do sine?   are your ideas really so weak?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #9 on: 05 26, 19, 03:45:37:PM » Reply

So you don’t like science that says you re wrong again, nutwit

We got that already with your climate change debunked malarkey

* 0C0D67D6-2CA7-44A5-AB53-8659E1BB36EA.jpeg (106.96 KB, 576x756 - viewed 25 times.)

* F15F1867-425B-421F-87E4-B8F406DE19F1.jpeg (56.13 KB, 530x432 - viewed 24 times.)
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 05 26, 19, 04:09:17:PM » Reply

I haven't seen any science from you showing that I'm wrong sine.    But I've seen plenty of evidence that you just argue for the sake of argument.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #11 on: 05 26, 19, 04:25:36:PM » Reply

But I’ve posted evidence before here several times nutwit

Then you have the memory of a gnat

Or are just lying here again!

Which is it nutwit Huh?
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Electric vehicles are paving the way to bipartisanship
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory