Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:52:05:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653540 Posts in 297934 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: why are republinuts blocking disaster relief bill? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: why are republinuts blocking disaster relief bill?  (Read 150 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 25, 19, 12:23:27:PM » Reply

Democrats let loose their ire on Representative Chip Roy, the Texas Republican who on Friday blocked a vote on the bipartisan relief agreement.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called it “last-minute sabotage” and “an act of staggering political cynicism." Majority Leader Steny Hoyer called it a “callous act.” Democratic representatives from Florida labeled it "tragic" and "unforgivable."

Roy objected to the disaster relief bill because the $19 billion legislation did not include funding for President Donald Trump’s long-sought border wall. The conservative House Freedom Caucus member also said the relief money would add to the federal deficit, and noted that only a few lawmakers were present to vote on it, because most had already left for the Memorial Day recess.

House members left town Thursday—before the Senate had yet struck a deal on the disaster aid bill—for the congressional recess, and will not return until June 3. The aid bill passed the Senate with overwhelming bipartisan support that afternoon after it received Trump’s blessing, despite the fact that it did not include billions of dollars requested by the White House for the president’s border wall.

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-lambast-republican-blocking-billions-natural-disaster-aid-1435591
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 05 25, 19, 12:42:31:PM » Reply

What other wording have Democrats tried to slip into the Bill?
And How is it they have $19 Billion for one thing and nothing for Border Security ?

All take take take, and no give in return..
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 05 25, 19, 12:45:25:PM » Reply

you're just speculating now jimbo.   you know you could look it up and read the legislation for yourself if you actually wanted an answer to your goofy questions.   But that's not what you really want is it?
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 05 25, 19, 01:45:05:PM » Reply

No, Proud Jim just wants Americans to shut up and do as Demanding Don and The Base command.  As far as they are all concerned that is the only reason for anyone else to exist.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #4 on: 05 25, 19, 03:58:32:PM » Reply

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=71606
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 05 25, 19, 04:03:10:PM » Reply

why are republicans blocking disaster relief bill?

Republicans?  Plural?  So you think there's more than one?  Who is the other Republican?

Or did you not do your research?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #6 on: 05 25, 19, 04:04:35:PM » Reply

If Democrats really cared about disaster victims, they would add funding for the border crisis.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #7 on: 05 25, 19, 04:05:30:PM » Reply

It was ONE guy!!!

He wanted a quorum, not just a handful of Reps.

DUH!!!!!

Why do you always LIE? ?
gwboolean

« Reply #8 on: 05 25, 19, 04:11:26:PM » Reply

If Democrats really cared about disaster victims, They would have...…..

If The Base, Deficient Don and the TrEA$on party really cared about disaster victims they would have supported disaster relief.  None of you did and now you make bullshit claims that it is really Democrats fault that you were against disaster relief.  That is your usual poor excuse for what you, The Base and your leader, Demented Don do.  It isn't working very well for you and Demagogue Don these days though.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 05 26, 19, 01:59:38:PM » Reply

Correction.  The dems removed funding for border protection.  That's what killed the bill.  Demented Nancy just doesn't care about disaster victims.
gwboolean

« Reply #10 on: 05 26, 19, 02:02:22:PM » Reply

Proud Dan still blames Democrats for The TrEA$on party rejection of the bill for disaster aid.  Did those big mean Democrats hold them in their seats and keep them for voting yes on the bill Proud Dan?
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 05 26, 19, 02:12:31:PM » Reply

but dan, republicans in the Senate and president trump had already approved the bill.   so it wasn't anything to do with the border that killed the bill, it was just one lone republican nut who killed it.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: why are republinuts blocking disaster relief bill?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory