Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:28:55:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653435 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Avenatti is on a roll 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Avenatti is on a roll  (Read 58 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 05 22, 19, 08:23:09:PM » Reply

Michael Avenatti, the attorney who rocketed to fame through his representation of Stormy Daniels in her battles with President Donald Trump, was charged on May 22 with ripping her off.

Federal prosecutors in New York City say Avenatti used a doctored document to divert about $300,000 that Daniels was supposed to get from a book deal, then used the money for personal and business expenses. Only half of that money was paid back, prosecutors said.

Daniels isn’t named in the court filing, but the details of the case, including the date her book was released, make it clear that she is the client involved.
Avenatti denied the allegations on Twitter.

“No monies relating to Ms. Daniels were ever misappropriated or mishandled. She received millions of dollars worth of legal services and we spent huge sums in expenses. She directly paid only $100.00 for all that she received. I look forward to a jury hearing the evidence,” he wrote.

Avenatti added in a later tweet that his agreement for representing Daniels “included a percentage of any book proceeds.”

The charges pile on top of previous allegations of legal misconduct by Avenatti, who represented Daniels when she sued to be released from a nondisclosure agreement involving an alleged tryst with Trump. The president denies an affair took place.

Avenatti was previously charged in New York with trying to extort up to $25 million from Nike by threatening to expose claims that the shoemaker paid off high school basketball players to steer them to Nike-sponsored colleges. And in Los Angeles, he’s facing a multi-count federal indictment alleging that he stole millions of dollars from clients, didn’t pay taxes, committed bank fraud, and lied during bankruptcy proceedings.

Avenatti has denied the allegations against him on both coasts, saying he expects to be exonerated. The Los Angeles charges alone carry a potential penalty of more than 300 years in prison.

“I look forward to a jury hearing all of the evidence and passing judgment on my conduct,” Avenatti wrote in a text message to The Associated Press.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/michael-avenatti-charged-with-defrauding-stormy-daniels_2933163.html

I hope he has a very expensive lawyer.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 05 22, 19, 09:38:43:PM » Reply

Wasn't he CNN's choice for president at one time?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 05 22, 19, 09:41:17:PM » Reply

he was?   what leads you to believe that bit of idiocy blammie?   
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 05 22, 19, 11:06:59:PM » Reply

CNN who else!
gwboolean

« Reply #4 on: 05 22, 19, 11:37:56:PM » Reply

What is funny as hell, about Avenatti, is that he is a big time loser.  And yet he kicked Desperate Dons ass.  Now there is a loser!
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #5 on: 05 23, 19, 12:44:54:AM » Reply

This is the kinda _______ you can't make up. I wonder if CNN is reporting on this?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Avenatti is on a roll
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About