Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 03:57:59:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: TRUMP BEGS MERRICK GARLAND TO KEEP HIS FINANCIAL LIES PRIVATE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: TRUMP BEGS MERRICK GARLAND TO KEEP HIS FINANCIAL LIES PRIVATE  (Read 155 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 21, 19, 05:20:23:PM » Reply

So it wasn’t at all surprising that, after House Democrats subpoenaed the accounting firm for everything it had on Trump, the former real-estate developer immediately sued to keep the information under lock and key. Unfortunately for a man who’s at least acting like he has something to hide, Judge Amit P. Mehta was unmoved by the argument that the House Oversight Committee’s demands were overly broad and served no legitimate legislative function.

On Monday night, Mehta ruled that Mazars must turn over the records, writing, “It is simply not fathomable that a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a President for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct—past or present—even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry.”

Trump, of course, offered the measured legal analysis that the move was “crazy,” telling supporters at a rally in Montoursville, Pennsylvania, “We think it’s totally the wrong decision by, obviously, an Obama-appointed judge.” Approximately 12 hours later, his lawyers appealed the decision, saying they plan to challenge “all aspects” of Mehta’s ruling. And when they do, they’ll be greeted by a familiar face!

Should Garland be assigned the case, there is of course no reason to believe he won’t act with the utmost professionalism, unlike, say, Mitch McConnell. In a statement, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, who issued the Mazars subpoena, said Mehta’s ruling “lets America know that we have ground to stand on and that we have a legitimate argument and the courts support them. . . . I’m glad it was a strong decision; that bodes well, hopefully, in the future for an appeals process.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05/donald-trump-mazars-appeal-merrick-garland?verso=true
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 05 21, 19, 05:28:06:PM » Reply

It doesn't matter.  They did not get a stay, so they will get the papers anyway.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 05 21, 19, 05:33:49:PM » Reply

Who cares about Garland's financial lies?  That's a matter between him and the IRS.
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 05 21, 19, 05:38:08:PM » Reply

What financial lies would you be referring to Proud Dan?  That's a matter between congress and Dirty Dancing Don. 

We all know how this is going to end with congress getting the papers, the tax returns, and so much more.  This is not going to end well for your aspirations and for Desperate Dumpling Don, Proud Dan.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 19, 06:57:49:PM » Reply

What did Obama have to hide that he had all his records hidden? Was it the truth about his birth?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 05 21, 19, 07:29:34:PM » Reply

Ask wvit, DL.  He said it.

BTW, Why do you keep saying whites are superior?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #6 on: 05 22, 19, 04:52:57:AM » Reply

Now Democrats claim there is no right to privacy and the Fourth Amendment doesn't exist!

Amendment 4
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and
no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized.

No probable cause is evident!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: TRUMP BEGS MERRICK GARLAND TO KEEP HIS FINANCIAL LIES PRIVATE
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory