Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 01:37:09:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653663 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Prosecutors vow not to bring charges under severe abortion laws 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Prosecutors vow not to bring charges under severe abortion laws  (Read 199 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 21, 19, 01:24:52:PM » Reply

Now that the question has been decisively transformed into one of criminal law — in his state and others that have banned abortion weeks before the viability threshold set forth in Roe — it’s up to prosecutors to “stand up for institutional integrity in these charged times,” Gill said.

“We cannot put people in jail for this,” he maintained.

A similar position has been announced by several district attorneys in Georgia, the site of the one of the most searing abortion debates. Over the weekend, the Republican governor, Brian Kemp, scorned calls to boycott the state by “C-list celebrities,” according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The defiance of district attorneys suggests that the resistance to rolling back abortion rights goes beyond mass demonstrations and the cultural clout of Hollywood stars. As elected officials in the states in question, these prosecutors don’t serve at the will of the governor and can’t be summarily dismissed for refusing to enforce state law.

The role of prosecutors is paramount. In 2015, a district attorney in Georgia brought murder charges against a 23-year-old for taking a pill that induced an abortion while she was in the second trimester. The charges were ultimately dropped.

Rather than stepping up penalties for the procedure, some members of law enforcement have been moved by the legislative blitz to renounce prosecution altogether.

Georgia is among the states where lawmakers set out to test Supreme Court precedent with so-called “fetal heartbeat” bills. Georgia’s new statute prohibits abortion after six weeks, often before a woman knows she is pregnant. It includes a longer time frame in cases of rape and incest.

But district attorneys in the state’s four most populous counties — all in or around the Atlanta area — have pledged not to prosecute women under the statute, which is ambiguous about the criminal liability of those who undergo the procedure. Two prosecutors said they would not bring charges of any kind under the new law, slated to take effect in 2020.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-responsibility-to-say-no-prosecutors-vow-not-to-bring-charges-under-severe-abortion-laws/ar-AABG10H?li=BBnbcA1
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 05 21, 19, 01:26:07:PM » Reply

We already know that, that is a lie.  They will fully prosecute and we all know it.  They did not make those laws to not use them.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 05 21, 19, 02:06:59:PM » Reply

Then they can resign if they can't fulfill their duties.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 05 21, 19, 02:09:46:PM » Reply

Prosecutors have plenty of latitude in the cases they choose to bring to court.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 19, 02:13:17:PM » Reply

Well then that's a problem.  They shouldn't have that much discretion.  It leads to corruption and abuse of power.
gwboolean

« Reply #5 on: 05 21, 19, 02:32:41:PM » Reply

Good call Proud Dan.  And I loved how you used Desperate Don as your example of corruption and abuse of power due to latitude.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #6 on: 05 21, 19, 06:01:48:PM » Reply

Proud

Why do you think whites are superior, DL?

I'm surprised you didn't throw in your Russia conspiracy accusation.  Good!  Now I don't have to say Obama was born in Kenya.
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 05 21, 19, 06:17:33:PM » Reply

That’s a big leap Dan. You don’t make any sense at all
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #8 on: 05 22, 19, 04:58:34:AM » Reply

Sim Gill has a duty to either enforce the law or resign!

The rule of law allows no other course of action!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Prosecutors vow not to bring charges under severe abortion laws
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory