Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 01:00:56:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660630 Posts in 298611 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Tennessee GOP House speaker to resign amid scandal over inappropriate 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Tennessee GOP House speaker to resign amid scandal over inappropriate  (Read 200 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 21, 19, 01:17:36:PM » Reply

Tennessee's Republican House speaker announced Tuesday that he will resign from his role following reports he and his former chief of staff used racist and sexually explicit language in text messages.

"When I return to town on June 3, I will meet with Caucus leadership to determine the best date for me to resign as Speaker so that I can help facilitate a smooth transition," House Speaker Glen Casada said in a statement.

Casada had resisted pressure to step down over a scandal surrounding his former chief of staff, Cade Cothren, who resigned earlier this month. Local media reports said Cothren sent racist text messages, attempted to frame a protester and sent sexually explicit messages to interns. Casada had defended Cothren in interviews and dismissed his own participation in sexual and derogatory messages with Cothren as "locker room talk," employing a phrase used by President Donald Trump used to describe his vulgar language in the infamous "Access Hollywood" tape.

Earlier this month, the House Democratic Caucus demanded that Casada leave office, calling his actions "unbecoming and disrespectful." On Monday, the Tennessee House Republican caucus approved in a closed-door meeting a "no confidence" resolution, according to CNN affiliate WKRN-TV.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/21/politics/tennessee-house-speaker-glen-casada-to-resign/index.html
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 05 21, 19, 01:27:06:PM » Reply

But, but, but...…. they keep saying they are not racists!!!  I want to believe them.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 05 21, 19, 02:05:59:PM » Reply

Why is this a national story?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 05 21, 19, 02:08:54:PM » Reply

it's not often you see a state speaker of the House resigning for being a bigot dan.   Racism in general is a big deal right now as you republicans are pushing the wp stuff.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 19, 02:14:19:PM » Reply

Nope.  Not true.  What's the real reason you are pushing this?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 05 21, 19, 02:23:19:PM » Reply

wvit is a racist and a bigot, anyone that want's people like us on the right to die off so his belief can come true that the left can get full control of everything is a racist and a bigot and a downright evil asshole!
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 05 21, 19, 02:25:56:PM » Reply

the real reason I'm pushing it dan?    I don't have anything to do with what CNN covers.   
gwboolean

« Reply #7 on: 05 21, 19, 02:35:48:PM » Reply

Why don't you tell us the real reason Proud Dan?  You seem to indicate that it is something other than the fact that Americans are getting tired of you racists.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 05 21, 19, 02:45:17:PM » Reply

So wvit admits he's pimping for cnn.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Tennessee GOP House speaker to resign amid scandal over inappropriate
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory