Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 03:58:45:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662798 Posts in 298815 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: TRUMP’S SUBPOENA APPEALS NOW HEAD TO MERRICK GARLAND’S COURT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: TRUMP’S SUBPOENA APPEALS NOW HEAD TO MERRICK GARLAND’S COURT  (Read 304 times)
wvit1001

« on: 05 21, 19, 12:21:12:PM » Reply

Trump continues to fight against a congressional subpoena from House Democrats for financial records, he will now have to face the Obama-nominated judge Republicans refused to consider for the Supreme Court.

Merrick Garland is currently the chief judge at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, where President Trump’s legal battle will head next as the president's attorneys attempt to reverse the earlier court ruling in favor of Congress.

Garland was nominated to the Supreme Court by President Barack Obama in 2016 following the death of Associate Justice Antonin Scalia. But congressional Republicans stonewalled his nomination process until after the election, arguing that the incoming president should be the one to nominate a judge to the lifelong position.

After Trump was elected, he quickly nominated conservative Justice Neil Gorsuch to the high court. As a result, Garland resumed his position as chief judge of the nation’s most important federal appeals court, where he has served since 1997.

The irony of the situation was highlighted by legal analysts and political commentators on Twitter.

“I wonder who the chief judge is in the circuit where all of the fights between Congress and Trump will play out and whether he cares about partisan norm-busting. Oh that’s right.... It’s some guy named Merrick Garland,” Matthew Miller, a former spokesman at the Department of Justice, tweeted.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-subpoena-appeal-merrick-garland-court-1431543
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 05 21, 19, 01:29:04:PM » Reply

Interesting.  That should be fun to see.  However, as the legal beagles say, this is all moot.  Without the stay, Congress gets the documents anyway.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 05 21, 19, 02:05:22:PM » Reply

LOL! Still can't get over the fact you lost.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 05 21, 19, 02:11:03:PM » Reply

what's this got to do with that dan?   this is an actual case going before an actual judge.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 19, 02:11:52:PM » Reply

Your TDS.  That's what.
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #5 on: 05 21, 19, 03:46:59:PM » Reply

Dan, I wonder if our alt-leftist friends think it will fair better in the US Supreme Court. Our President...keeps on winning
gwboolean

« Reply #6 on: 05 21, 19, 04:14:24:PM » Reply

Dan can't get over the fact that Dancing Desperate Don is losing and is going to continue loosing right into jail. 
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 05 21, 19, 04:21:43:PM » Reply

why would the Supreme Court be willing to hear this case omiaqt?   
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 05 21, 19, 08:01:56:PM » Reply

Why wouldn't they wvit?
gwboolean

« Reply #9 on: 05 21, 19, 10:59:36:PM » Reply

It would appear that Proud Blome believes that the supreme court will absolutely give them what they want.  Interesting.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #10 on: 05 21, 19, 11:14:14:PM » Reply

Looks like we'll see what kind of Supreme Court Justice he would have been. Will he rule by Law or by wanting to get even.

Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #11 on: 05 21, 19, 11:38:04:PM » Reply

the rule of law is not anything Trump.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: TRUMP’S SUBPOENA APPEALS NOW HEAD TO MERRICK GARLAND’S COURT
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory