Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 07:38:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663734 Posts in 298903 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Corrupt San Francisco Democrats now attacking Journalists! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Corrupt San Francisco Democrats now attacking Journalists!  (Read 191 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 05 19, 19, 10:43:18:PM » Reply

While it’s no secret that President Donald Trump and the predominately liberal establishment media have a strong dislike for each other, Trump’s opponents go too far when they characterize his critiques of the media as a veritable assault on the First Amendment-protected freedom of the press.
Given the manner by which the left has placed journalists on some sort of exalted pedestal of inscrutability — at least when it comes to Trump — it’s rather odd that the far-left “progressive” mayor of San Francisco just threw her support behind an armed, no-knock raid by the San Francisco Police Department on the home of an independent journalist who refused to reveal a secret source that could prove embarrassing to some Bay Area authorities.
Vice News reported on the May 10 raid on the home of freelance videographer Bryan Carmody, who had recently received inside information from a secret source — believed to work at the police department — about the “salacious” details of a Jeff Adachi’s death. Adachi, it’s worth noting, had a history of butting heads with the police department.
Carmody was handcuffed and detained for several hours as officers conducted a thorough search of his home and seized his “cameras, cellphones, computers, tablets, [and] hard drives,” according to Vice — thousands of dollars of work-related equipment that the department had refused to return as of Wednesday.

The search warrants for the raid were reportedly signed by two judges, though it remains unclear if either of those judges knew they were signing a warrant that targeted a journalist.

This matters, because there are federal and California state laws that expressly prohibit such actions.
The federal Privacy Protection Act of 1980 prohibits the seizure of a journalist’s “work product material” and California’s “shield law” allows journalists to keep the identity of confidential sources secret, according to Vice.
Another California law prohibits authorities from carrying out search warrants against journalists. Instead, authorities are required to obtain court-issued subpoenas.

In light of all this, the SFPD no-knock raid on the home of a journalist is a far more significant assault on “freedom of the press” than Trump’s cries of “fake news” or even his labeling of blatantly dishonest media outlets as the “enemy of the people.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/progressive-san-francisco-mayor-issues-horrifying-response-no-knock-raid-journalist
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 05 19, 19, 11:02:56:PM » Reply

You like that just fine Proud Dil2Do.  So why is this a big deal to you?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #2 on: 05 19, 19, 11:05:57:PM » Reply

No response as expected!

Read first, think about what you read and then only then respond!
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 05 19, 19, 11:27:23:PM » Reply

Apparently Proud Dil2Do is a little to embarrassed at being caught out spreading more Russian bullshit to make some insane and irrelevant point that has no meaning.
D2D

« Reply #4 on: 05 19, 19, 11:29:44:PM » Reply

gwboolean

« Reply #5 on: 05 19, 19, 11:49:07:PM » Reply

Just curious Proud Dil2Do.  You are NEVER willing to answer any question asked of you.  But you expect everyone to answer your insane and stupid question.  Why is that Proud Dil2Do.  Is it that you just have no answers to anything?
D2D

« Reply #6 on: 05 20, 19, 12:18:59:AM » Reply

gwboolean

« Reply #7 on: 05 20, 19, 12:56:35:AM » Reply

It appears that Proud Dil2Do is unable to offer anything.  It is what is expected of him.
D2D

« Reply #8 on: 05 21, 19, 04:27:53:AM » Reply

I provide proof and you provide childish name calling, profanity and mindless denial!

Prove me wrong!

Provide quotes and links to actual facts!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Corrupt San Francisco Democrats now attacking Journalists!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory