Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:37:12:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653522 Posts in 297930 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Are people really that afraid of hard work? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Are people really that afraid of hard work?  (Read 336 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 05 16, 19, 11:09:25:AM » Reply

Teens have been posting on our local neighborhood website that they are looking for yard work, so we messaged them, offering regular work, a reasonable wage, and opportunity to earn more and none of them wanted to go for it, in fact, we got excuse after excuse
...so we posted our own message on the website, offering to any teen (we'd rather give local teens the opportunity to earn than a landscape company)...and not a single bite.

When they are soliciting work you'd think they would jump at the chance to earn good money only working a few hours a day, I just don't get it...
Yet, almost daily, we have neighbors walk by the property and comment how great everything looks and even say, "looks like you could use some help" and I always respond "if you know a teenager looking for work, I've got plenty"...still nothing. 

Losing my faith in humanity again...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 05 16, 19, 04:56:40:PM » Reply

I pay my dog sitter $15.00 an hour but you couldn't call it hard work.  There's a fridge full of goodies and a bonus room like a cinema to enjoy and Hannah is no problem.  I have yet to find a teen to mow the lawn, weed whack and edge. 
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 05 17, 19, 11:29:00:AM » Reply

Hate to say it, but "back in our day", our parents TOLD us, go to so and so's  house and mow, or rake, or shovel snow.  We literally worked a one or two mile radius around our house for free, LOL.

I just hate the thought of hiring a landscape company to do what a teen could easily do and learn some work ethic...and I'm out there every day (except for days like today when there is a deluge outside), so if an old lady can do it, a teen should have no problem.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 05 17, 19, 04:33:19:PM » Reply

The trouble is that today's teenagers are growing up in an entirely different world.  They  mostly all come with a cell phone that provides lots of distractions.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 05 18, 19, 02:32:03:PM » Reply

Today's kids grow up on the couch and  take things for granted we worked our butts off if we wanted. I see older people here asking on FB if anyone has a child or grandchild willing to cut lawns. So far no bites. If I was not in pain I would cut the lawn for her. She's handicapped and can't. The sad part is, this neighborhood has a lawn service that comes with our HAO...they cut 2, maybe 3 times per month! I do that per week.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Are people really that afraid of hard work?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory