Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 08:33:55:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662546 Posts in 298795 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 5,000 Christian students sign petition to disinvite Mike Pence 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: 5,000 Christian students sign petition to disinvite Mike Pence  (Read 1017 times)
wvit1001

« on: 04 18, 19, 11:58:24:PM » Reply

When Vice President Mike Pence gives speeches at graduation ceremonies, it’s almost always at religious or military institutions, but even places such as those aren’t entirely safe spaces for Pence. According to The Washington Post, students at an evangelical college in Indiana are protesting the VP’s scheduled commencement speech this coming May 18.

Taylor University president Paul Lowell Haines had nothing but praise for Pence, saying he’s “been a good friend to the University over many years,” adding that he’s a “Christian brother whose life and values have exemplified what we strive to instill in our graduates.” But not everyone at his school agrees.

As of this Thursday, a Change.org petition calling for Pence’s speaking engagement to be canceled has garnered almost 6,000 signatures.

According to the petition’s description, the school is giving Pence “a coveted platform for his political views,” which in turn “makes our alumni, faculty, staff and current students complicit in the Trump-Pence Administration’s policies, which we believe are not consistent with the Christian ethic of love we hold dear.”

http://deadstate.org/over-5000-christian-students-sign-petition-to-disinvite-mike-pence-from-speaking-at-evangelical-university/
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 04 19, 19, 12:17:02:AM » Reply

Spammer1001 link is so far left they don't walk to the left they crawl left!
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 04 19, 19, 12:38:23:AM » Reply

you don't believe the article is citing anything that's really happened blammie?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 04 19, 19, 12:46:33:AM » Reply

Alex Hoekstra, a 2007 Taylor alumnus who started the petition, told NBC News that the “Trump-Pence administration’s policies don’t represent Christianity, Jesus or the Bible.”

“The Jesus that I read about in the Bible said, ‘Let the little children come to me,’ yet this administration is locking children up along the border, and Pence’s discrimination against the LGBT community is disgraceful,” Hoekstra said.

The Change.org petition is addressed to Taylor University President Paul Lowell Haines.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/choice-pence-graduation-speaker-divides-evangelical-university-n996091

The count for the petition is now up to 6000 +

https://www.change.org/p/taylor-university-president-paul-lowell-haines-protest-vice-president-mike-pence-at-taylor-university-commencement-ceremony?signed=true
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #4 on: 04 19, 19, 01:12:31:AM » Reply

Don't listen to Balmie, it's opinions have shit in them.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #5 on: 04 19, 19, 01:24:04:AM » Reply

Wvit why does this disgraceful display of leftist intolerance please you?

Do you hate free speech that much?

How would you feel if a university's student signed petitions to silence Obama?

Would you be gleeful about that?
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 04 19, 19, 01:28:38:AM » Reply

I just like watching you fake Christians getting your due.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #7 on: 04 19, 19, 01:30:35:AM » Reply

What is it you think Christians are due?
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #8 on: 04 19, 19, 01:39:28:AM » Reply

Go sign this petition to Support Mike Pence being invited to this college, and pass it on.

https://www.change.org/p/president-lowell-haines-support-vp-mike-pence-as-taylor-university-commencement-speaker
D2D

« Reply #9 on: 04 19, 19, 01:40:35:AM » Reply

Good idea!

Too bad Wvit isn't willing to explain himself!
1965hawks

« Reply #10 on: 04 19, 19, 03:10:09:PM » Reply

To: d2dvd!, dont-blameme, and jim

Students and alumni of Taylor University, an evangelical Christian school, do not want hypocrite mike pence to deliver this year's key commencement address. They want  the university to remain free from the trump-pence kakistocracy's shadow.

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/students-want-university-rescind-pences-invite-speak-commencement
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #11 on: 04 19, 19, 03:25:00:PM » Reply

Sounds like Alex Hoestra isn’t a Christian, pot calling the kettle black, as his alleged statements don’t conform to the Word of God!

No where in the Bible does it condone sodomy perversion or any other sins! it only condemns them

Condemn him for the right reasons then, for being a Jesuit papist who want to destroy America!

So sad to see the TDS folks misrepresenting the Word of  God because of their hate for a legitimate POTUS!
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 5,000 Christian students sign petition to disinvite Mike Pence
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory