Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:29:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653403 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan  (Read 1224 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #24 on: 04 16, 19, 09:08:48:AM » Reply

Any mail that is sent is sent to the address that the person or company of enforcement has on file failure to give notice of address change lays on the shoulders of the person that didn't file a change of address, but we can't expect a left winger to know anything that is so complicated as a change of address form.
wvit1001

« Reply #25 on: 04 16, 19, 10:15:30:AM » Reply

Looks like all you bigots and nuts were overruled in this as calmer and more logical people saw what a travesty of justice this decision to deport this man was.   The good guys just keep on winning and you trumpsters just keep on losing -

Immigration officials last week deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan in 2010, leaving the couple's 12-year-daughter in Phoenix, then abruptly reversed its decision on Monday when the deported man was allowed to return to the U.S. 

Jose Gonzalez Carranza, 30, was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers last Monday on his way to his welding job and then deported to Nogales, Sonora, early Thursday morning, according to Gonzalez Carranza and his attorney, Ezequiel Hernandez.

Gonzalez Carranza was married to Army Pfc. Barbara Vieyra, who was killed on Sept. 18, 2010, while serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan. She was 22.

During an interview, Gonzalez Carranza told The Arizona Republic he was allowed to re-enter the U.S. through the DeConcini port of entry in Nogales, Arizona Monday afternoon.

He said he was then driven back to Phoenix where ICE officials dropped him off at the agency's headquarters near downtown.

ICE officials offered no explanation for the decision to allow Gonzalez Carranza to return to the U.S. But Hernandez believes the reversal was triggered by media attention the deportation received.

Hernandez said it seemed cruel for ICE to inflict additional pain on the man and his daughter, noting the trauma they experienced after the death of his spouse.

"There are plenty of people you can go after but not a guy whose wife died in Afghanistan," he said.

Vieyra was mortally wounded when insurgents attacked her unit using an improvised explosive device and rocket-propelled grenade fire in Kunar Province, Afghanistan, the Pentagon said at the time. Her unit had been sent to Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Cecillia Wang, deputy legal director at the ACLU, said she could not recall a similar deportation. She said the deportation was unnecessary.

“It’s the height of cruelty for ICE to deport the father of a child whose mother died while serving in the U.S. army in Afghanistan," Wang said. "The government can exercise its discretion not to pursue deportation against the sole remaining parent of a U.S. citizen child under these circumstances."

Hernandez said he filed a motion to reopen Gonzalez Carranza's deportation case. The motion triggered an automatic stay of removal, but ICE deported him anyway, Hernandez said.

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/3477332002
wvit1001

« Reply #26 on: 04 16, 19, 10:35:55:AM » Reply

I just love it when you republinutty trump voters here get your asses handed to you.   Everyone but you nuts sees how wrong it was to separate him from his child and deport this man who had lived and worked here for decades all with the permission on the American government and whose wife was killed defending our country.

He's obviously a much better American that any of you old goofs.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #27 on: 04 16, 19, 10:38:07:AM » Reply

the usually suspect aesopsretreat radical right wingers have no soul.

they sold out to Satan and Putin.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #28 on: 04 16, 19, 11:23:01:AM » Reply

before you start calling names wvit read all of this.

https://www.uscis.gov/military/discretionary-options-military-members-enlistees-and-their-families

And an added note it's not up to ICE to keep his address current.
wvit1001

« Reply #29 on: 04 16, 19, 11:25:15:AM » Reply

what's that link supposed to show me blammie.   it is clear that he had been granted parole in place already.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #30 on: 04 16, 19, 11:27:27:AM » Reply

Sorry, but if he didn't have an updated address, that's not ICE's fault, or the courts, or the power company's...

You can make an argument for compassion, but in the end, the onus is on each individual to ensure they follow the rules.  The fact that this man entered illegally in the first place, never legalized, then tried to fall through the cracks again, is no one's fault, but his own.
wvit1001

« Reply #31 on: 04 16, 19, 11:34:23:AM » Reply

evidently the courts don't agree with you bigots as the US government went back and got the guy tcb and reversed their decision.
wvit1001

« Reply #32 on: 04 16, 19, 11:35:47:AM » Reply

“It’s the height of cruelty for ICE to deport the father of a child whose mother died while serving in the U.S. army in Afghanistan," Wang said. "The government can exercise its discretion not to pursue deportation against the sole remaining parent of a U.S. citizen child under these circumstances."

Hernandez said he filed a motion to reopen Gonzalez Carranza's deportation case. The motion triggered an automatic stay of removal, but ICE deported him anyway, Hernandez said.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #33 on: 04 16, 19, 11:40:41:AM » Reply

And that's why there are courts and lawyers, right?

It's not bigoted to expect enforcement or adherence to the law, for anyone.

You can keep picking that nit wvit.  I'm not biting.
wvit1001

« Reply #34 on: 04 16, 19, 11:43:01:AM » Reply

you don't have to bite, just look at what's happening.   open you're goofy old eyes and take a look around at the bigotry that's running rampant in the republican party right now.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #35 on: 04 16, 19, 12:49:48:PM » Reply

To someone like you wvit the link like the truth shows you nothing, as you prefer to act stupid so you can accuse us of being racist and bigots and white supremist. You're on the same level with hoosier the ho with out all the profanity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory