Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:34:24:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653435 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan  (Read 1225 times)
wvit1001

« on: 04 15, 19, 08:32:30:PM » Reply

Immigration officials have deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving the couple’s 12-year-old daughter, a U.S. citizen, in Phoenix without parents, according to the deported man's lawyer.

Jose Gonzalez Carranza, 30, was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers last Monday on his way to his welding job and then deported to Nogales, Mexico, on Wednesday, said Ezequiel Hernandez, a Phoenix attorney.

Reached by phone, Gonzalez said he has been living in a shelter for deported migrants in Nogales, Mexico, a city he doesn't know, and is worried about his daughter.

"I feel so bad," Gonzalez said. "I'm thinking about, I might never see her again."

Gonzalez was married to Army Pfc. Barbara Vieyra, who was killed on Sept. 18, 2010, while serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan. She was 22.

"She sacrificed her life for this country" and now her daughter does not have a parent to raise her in the United States, Gonzalez said.
The daughter is living with her grandparents in Mesa, he said.

Gonzalez said he came to the U.S. illegally from Veracruz, Mexico, in 2004, when he was a teenager. He said he and Vieyra married in 2007.

After his wife was killed in Afghanistan, Gonzalez was granted what is known as parole in place, which allows immigrants in the country illegally to remain in the U.S. without the threat of deportation, Hernandez said.

An immigration judge then terminated deportation proceedings against Gonzalez based on the parole in place, Hernandez said.

However, ICE refiled the case in 2018, Hernandez said.

A judge ordered Gonzalez deported in December 2018 after Hernandez didn't show up for his court hearing, Hernandez said.

But the reason Gonzalez didn't show up is because he never received the notice, Hernandez said. He said ICE sent it to the wrong address.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2019/04/15/ice-deports-gonzalez-spouse-u-s-soldier-killed-afghanistan/3477332002/
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 04 15, 19, 08:36:12:PM » Reply

ICE has a habit of sending all their notices to wrong addresses don't they wvit?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 04 15, 19, 08:37:03:PM » Reply

I thought we took care of our troops and their families?
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 04 15, 19, 08:38:13:PM » Reply

"Immigration officials have deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving the couple’s 12-year-old daughter, a U.S. citizen, in Phoenix without parents, according to the deported man's lawyer."

Jesus wept...
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #4 on: 04 15, 19, 08:41:05:PM » Reply

Jesus wept because YOU have denied Him and will be sent to Hell.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 04 15, 19, 09:18:25:PM » Reply

no Jesus wept because this one sentence shows the complete disregard our current administration has for several of his teachings.

"Immigration officials have deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving the couple’s 12-year-old daughter, a U.S. citizen, in Phoenix without parents, according to the deported man's lawyer."
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 04 15, 19, 09:20:32:PM » Reply

The illegal was sent packing he was not a citizen his wife knew that when she married him, the daughter is still here case closed. stop whining wvit.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #7 on: 04 15, 19, 09:21:59:PM » Reply

Trump LOVES to see ICE make people suffer.
Trump LOVES to cause misery and suffering.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 04 15, 19, 09:26:07:PM » Reply

blammie says screw him and his dead wife.   trump doesn't like Gold Star Families anyway.

Gold Star Families for Peace (GSFP) is a United States-based organization founded in January 2005 by individuals who lost family members in the Iraq War, and are thus entitled to display a Gold Star. It is considered an offshoot of Military Families Speak Out.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #9 on: 04 15, 19, 09:29:15:PM » Reply

Wvit tells us we should feel sorry for an illegal who married a US citizen in 2007 but couldn't be bothered to apply for citizenship which would have quickly been granted!

The government didn't force him to be so lazy, Wvit!
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 04 15, 19, 09:37:08:PM » Reply

how do you know he hasn't applied for citizenship?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #11 on: 04 15, 19, 09:38:07:PM » Reply

Because as a spouse of a US Soldier he would have been fast tracked to approval!
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory