Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 11:05:18:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663272 Posts in 298863 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Son With Special Needs Asked To Leave Movie Theater 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Son With Special Needs Asked To Leave Movie Theater  (Read 47 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« on: 04 16, 19, 11:08:16:AM » Reply

a woman who she believes was a manager....

https://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/s/gonf7/illinois-mom-son-with-special-needs-asked-to-leave-movie-theater?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=weather&utm_campaign=alert

some corporate types have no soul.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 04 16, 19, 11:32:13:AM » Reply

There are almost daily stories of wrongs committed against innocent people, the disabled, minorities.

It sounds like the manager made an attempt to make it right, but at that point, the mother didn't seem willing to accept apologies.

And in this day and age, ranting in Facebook seems to be all the rage.

It's unfortunate this happened, perhaps, in the future, the mother will speak with management and make them aware of her child's disability so things like this won't happen again.

I am not sure what answer you're hoping to hear, but that's my take on it.
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #2 on: 04 16, 19, 12:34:59:PM » Reply

There is time for giggles and there is time for to be quiet. This was a teaching moment for the mother to teach her kid to be quiet because how else would he know.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #3 on: 04 16, 19, 12:52:45:PM » Reply

This child's particular disabilities make your suggested "teaching moment" not at all possible.

The people I consider our second family have a wide variety of physical and mental disabilities.  Our forays into mainstream society occasionally encounters the ignorant and insolent. You wouldn't be surprised that on occasions I make my friends' rights and needs painfully aware to those people.

I wasn't there...but I can picture the situation clearly. 

I also can understand the mother's frustration.  Aesopsretreat's right wing anti-abortion crowd doesn't care about the fetus when they become disabled children, just trying to enjoy the simple pleasures of a normal life in society.  I've found myself in conversations with mothers like the one in the story...trading back and forth the horror stories of the ignorant (of the law) and insensitive (simple manners) we encounter in social settings.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 04 16, 19, 08:45:27:PM » Reply

If you talk loudly play a radio, bring a crying baby, strum your guitar, let your cell phone ring, etc., do the other patrons in the movie theatre have to put up with it? Or do they have the right to enjoy their movie in peace?

It is simple common courtesy to not bring noise makers to places where quiet is expected.  The manager for it right.  The mom of the child was in the wrong.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Son With Special Needs Asked To Leave Movie Theater
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory