Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 02:15:03:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653470 Posts in 297924 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: More projects in work 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: More projects in work  (Read 446 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 04 02, 19, 02:12:17:AM » Reply

Just finished ordering the solar lights for these posts...we put up 12 along the back yard (likely more to come elsewhere).

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 04 02, 19, 02:14:34:AM » Reply

And we finished building and staining another footbridge, that is now installed just at the mouth of our little creek.  We'll continue clearing the trail as we get time.  But we now have to concentrate on getting the pad graveled to move my garden shed and turn it into our woodshed.

dondc

« Reply #2 on: 04 02, 19, 02:50:33:AM » Reply

Looks great.
I like solar lights.  Have a bunch around my new yard.  I noticed a lot of them were not coming on or were going off in a few minutes. I was thinking, I'd have to replace them.  I was surprised how cheap they were, but discovered all they needed was new rechargeable batteries and cleaning up.  They are now brighter than ever. 

My new house came with 18 paid for solar panels on the roof.
My highest electric bill was in September with the AC running almost constantly, it was $5.23, last months bill was $1.03.  I still haven't figures out how this works, seems I pay So. Cal. Edison a small fee each month based on usage, and I get a once a year check from some one for the power I produce beyond what I use.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 04 02, 19, 04:58:24:AM » Reply

That's [pretty cool donc....not sure our HAO allows them here.

Taken....love the red bridge!
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 04 02, 19, 10:47:31:AM » Reply

Takn, it looks like a beautiful park.  Love that little red bridge.
Don, when I think about the utility bills we had in southern California, that sounds incredible.  My husband said that solar panels are very expensive to install but what a payback and you lucked out as they were already there.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 04 02, 19, 12:06:45:PM » Reply

Don, that's awesome!  We have been considering solar power as our shop has a massive roof facing east/west, it would accommodate plenty of panels that we would probably have excess power every month. 
dondc

« Reply #6 on: 04 02, 19, 04:51:50:PM » Reply

Washington, and California have plans where they can be installed and you pay the down one way or the other. 
We have friends in Lodi that did that about two years ago, they still pay A flat rate of $125 dollars a month and more if they use more than their panels don't produce more than they use.  They said they only had one month when that happened.  Hot in the summer in Lodi.  They used to pay around $225or more a month a month.  Lodi has its own power company, has always bee cheaper than the PG&E areas surrounding it.
I'm the third owner of this house it was built ten years ago.  I don't know what the original price or contract was.
I do know it was built with lights that were the most efficient at the time.  They were little florescent tube plug in things.  They were going bad and need lots of repair.  I had them replaced with more efficient LED lights that are guaranteed for ten years.  It did cost me $1200, but the lights are also much brighter, and instant on. 
Donna loves lights, has them on even when there is bright sun out.

California still give you a tax break on solar.  I'v heard that all new construction, buildings now or soon will have to have Solar. 
dondc

« Reply #7 on: 04 02, 19, 04:56:53:PM » Reply

I knew some people that had solar in Skagit county.  Theirs faced south.  Their meter tells them they are not using electric power even on rainy, foggy days.
Of course they (me too) have natural gas for heat, water heater, cloths dryer and cooking.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: More projects in work
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory