Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 05:58:15:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663494 Posts in 298882 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump losing 94 percent of lawsuits over policy changes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Trump losing 94 percent of lawsuits over policy changes  (Read 104 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 22, 19, 11:12:45:AM » Reply

Federal agencies under Trump are losing suits at a record rate, largely because of massive incompetence

Federal judges have ruled against the administration at least 63 times since Trump took office, The Washington Post reported. Two-thirds of those cases involved complaints that the administration violated the Administrative Procedure Act, a 1946 law that set procedural requirements that federal agencies must follow when unilaterally changing policies or regulations.

The normal “win rate” for the government in such cases is about 70 percent, the Post reported, but according to the Institute for Policy Integrity at the New York University School of Law, the Trump administration’s win rate in these cases in just 6 percent.

“What they have consistently been doing is short-circuiting the process,” Georgetown Law professor William Buzbee told the Post, adding that the administration doesn’t “even come close” to providing legitimate explanations for the rule changes, “making it very easy for the courts to reject them because they’re not doing their homework.”

Only some cases involve bumbling officials. Others involve the president’s innate ability to torpedo his own agenda. At least a dozen decisions in which judges have ruled against the administration have involved Trump’s tweets or comments.

Just last year, a federal judge ruled against the administration’s move to end temporary legal status for immigrants from Central America, Haiti and Sudan because Trump’s “shithole countries” remark suggested the policy was motivated by ethnic or racial bias.

Trump has repeatedly complained that he keeps losing in court because of “Obama judges,” but numerous Republican-appointed judges have reached the same conclusions as those appointed by Trump’s predecessor.

Four judges have ruled against the Trump administration’s move to end DACA protections for more than 700,000 immigrants, for example, including two judges appointed by George W. Bush. Three judges in different states ruled against the Commerce Department’s attempt to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census. Four judges in different states all ruled against the Department of Health and Human Services' attempt to eliminate federal funding for some teen pregnancy programs.

In the HHS case, Washington U.S. District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson wrote that the agency’s inability to provide justification for its abstinence-only stance made her decision “quite easy.”

“This much is clear: A federal agency that changes course abruptly without a well-reasoned explanation for its decision or that acts contrary to its own regulations is subject to having a federal court vacate its action as ‘arbitrary [and] capricious,’ ” she said, referencing a key part of the Administrative Procedure Act.

Even proponents of the administration’s rule changes, particularly those rolling back federal environmental regulations, complained that the administration was doing such a bad job in court that it actually set their entire agenda back.

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/22/trump-administration-losing-94-percent-of-lawsuits-over-illegal-policy-changes/
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #1 on: 03 22, 19, 11:50:48:AM » Reply

I heard the other day, that every President before trump had a high of 90% legislative/policy win rate, after two years in office.  In the same time frame trump has only 9% legislative/policy win rate.

Just about every policy trump has tried to pass has been stopped in the courts... 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 03 22, 19, 01:42:02:PM » Reply

It only takes one ruling to overturn all those liberal biased activist rulings.

All this tells us is how corrupt the lower courts are.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #3 on: 03 22, 19, 01:45:14:PM » Reply

Thanks for your worthless opinion.

I bet the judges in those "worthless courts" have a different opinion than you, Dan.

And the real kicker is that THEIR opinions actually mean something!  LOL
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump losing 94 percent of lawsuits over policy changes
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory