Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 02:26:45:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660975 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why President Trump Still Bashes John McCain 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Why President Trump Still Bashes John McCain  (Read 54 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 22, 19, 10:17:36:AM » Reply

Trump is back to insulting John McCain. It’s not entirely clear why; I’ve seen it suggested that the president saw a “Saturday Night Live” rerun that got him going again. Maybe it was something else. Whatever the immediate cause, at this point everyone agrees that Trump is only hurting himself by insulting the late Arizona senator and war hero.

Almost everyone, anyway. Some pundits still fall for what I’ve called the #cleverfallacy – the mistake of inventing some brilliant logic to explain Trump’s seemingly irrational actions. There’s a powerful impulse to make this error. We like to attribute rationality to other people’s decisions, for one thing, and those who make this mistake are usually quite clever themselves and good at thinking up complicated political strategies.

And yet the best explanation for most of Trump’s actions, and certainly for the most obviously self-destructive ones, is that there’s nothing strategic going on; he’s acting on instinct. As my Bloomberg Opinion colleague Timothy L. O'Brien points out, insulting people in public is just what Donald Trump does. What he’s always done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-trump-attacking-mccain-is-a-way-to-appeal-to-his-political-base/2019/03/21/ccb4c856-4bdd-11e9-8cfc-2c5d0999c21e_story.html?utm_term=.c703f79fdfce
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why President Trump Still Bashes John McCain
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory