Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 06:22:11:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661883 Posts in 298731 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Soledad O’Brien wrecks Fox News ‘moron’ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Soledad O’Brien wrecks Fox News ‘moron’  (Read 566 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 19, 19, 02:00:58:PM » Reply

Soledad O’Brien wrecks Fox News ‘moron’ for suggesting America should be proud it took 150 years to end slavery

Townhall columnist and Fox News contributor Katie Pavlich suggested that Americans can be proud about US slavery because the country ended the practice after  a mere 150 years.

“They keep blaming America for slavery, but the truth is that throughout human history slavery has existed. America came along as the first country to end it within 150 years. And we get no credit for that,” Pavlich said on Fox News.

Broadcast journalist Soledad O’Brien was shocked by the ignorance of Pavlich’s statement.

“Is it hard for @KatiePavlich to be a complete moron? The utter stupidity,” she tweeted.

Pavlich tried to save face.

“Should have said one of* first countries, from the point of founding. My argument stands, but please @soledadobrien please continue name calling as your argument and the smearing of America as the originator of slavery,” she wrote in response.

O’Brien retorted that she should Google basic history.

“Your argument is factually inaccurate. Google when slavery started and ended if you don’t want to be known for your ignorance,” O’Brien wrote.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/soledad-obrien-wrecks-fox-news-moron-suggesting-america-proud-took-150-years-end-slavery/?utm_source=push_notifications
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #1 on: 03 19, 19, 03:23:40:PM » Reply

GOP says we have human trafficking and white slavery going on even now!

Before our election last year, it was THE hot issue.

Now, we never hear a word about it...
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #2 on: 03 19, 19, 06:30:21:PM » Reply

Actually, it didn't take 150 years to end Slavery in the U.S.  It only took 74 years. Those years prior we (and slavery) were under the rule of the King.
Whereas it took England several hundred years to end their Slavery.

And O'Brien isn't proud of that?  Maybe perhaps O'Brien is a Democrat and ancestor to Slave owners? I then can understand why she wouldn't be proud.

And BTW: "WE" didn't end anything. Republicans ended Slavery.  Not "WE."
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #3 on: 03 19, 19, 06:43:58:PM » Reply

Soledad O'Grien says we should never have ended slavery!

Democrats agree and insist upon enslaving all Americans via taxes and regulation!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 03 19, 19, 07:51:40:PM » Reply

“Is it hard for @KatiePavlich to be a complete moron? The utter stupidity,” she tweeted

Wow!  And O'Brien is supposed to be a respected journalist, using that kind of hateful language?

In a civilized conversation, when someone misspeaks, you don't vilify them.  You don't intentionally embarrass them.  Shame on O'Brien for her vicious, mean-spirited attack!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 03 19, 19, 07:57:24:PM » Reply

Quote from Pavlich:

My argument stands, but please @soledadobrien please continue name calling as your argument and the smearing of America as the originator of slavery.

Classy response from Pavlich for not reciprocating O'Brien's vitriol.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #6 on: 03 19, 19, 08:01:29:PM » Reply

Help me out here.  Can anyone name the country that holds the record for shortest elapsed time of their existence to ban slavery?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 03 19, 19, 08:07:15:PM » Reply

Actually, it didn't take 150 years to end Slavery in the U.S.

Technically, Pavlich said "within 150 years."

What irritates me is how eager liberals are to pounce, embarrass, humiliate, demean, denigrate, dehumanize, and demonize their political opponents for the slightest misstep.  They have no civility, no humanity.  No willingness to listen.  No willingness to understand other points of view.  No willingness to allow others to explain themselves or correct themselves.

O'Brien's vicious mean-spirited tweet was uncalled-for and undeserved.  It was shocking to hear that from a supposed respected journalist.  O'Brien just lowered herself to the level of mindless hack.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 03 19, 19, 08:15:03:PM » Reply

is that the measure now dan?    according to you if a country was founded today , it'd be ok for them to have legalized slavery as long as they outlawed it within a few decades?

you know how stupid you sound don't you?

by the time the US abolished slavery we were behind the curve.   Denmark and Norway were the first European countries to ban slavery.   

Isn't that right dan?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 03 19, 19, 08:22:00:PM » Reply

is that the measure now dan?    according to you if a country was founded today blah blah blah …

That's not the issue with me.  I was commenting about the shameful reaction by Soledad O'Brien.

it'd be ok for them to have legalized slavery as long as they outlawed it within a few decades?

Slavery is never OK

you know how stupid you sound don't you?

No I don't..  Repeat to me what you think I said and I will tell you if you got it right or not.

by the time the US abolished slavery we were behind the curve.   Denmark and Norway were the first European countries to ban slavery.   

Isn't that right dan?

I don't know.  When did those countries ban slavery, and when were those nations established?  Was the gap greater than 74 years?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 03 19, 19, 08:23:58:PM » Reply

We can have an intellectually honest conversation, wvit, or you can continue to misrepresent what I say.  Wuddle it be?
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 03 19, 19, 08:25:43:PM » Reply

The FOX New moron was pretty clear.   And this isn't even a good try at trying to explain away the comments.    It's a shame that you support such obvious lying dan.

but I've come to expect this kind of dishonesty from you. 
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Soledad O’Brien wrecks Fox News ‘moron’
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory