Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 11:37:03:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663445 Posts in 298880 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: time  (Read 397 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 03 19, 19, 08:41:29:AM » Reply

heals all wounds...

feeling really good today... one day at a time...

going to take it slow...but able to take it...

the weather here is so cold I can scream... but it could be worse like negative anything....

spring is here...

got the lawn guy in Memphis to repair the broken window... I bet it's a muddy mess... but able to clean it up... I tell ya... whew!

Concerns are the water and the roads... if you've ever drove the water logged roads... it's more dangerous than snow...cause you don't know if you're driving into a pit or a sink hole and cities can't keep up with the roads unless you call them... and you certainly don't want to call them after the damage is done... so exercising care in driving is the thing...

ok... because the lawn guy has repaired the window... I can wait a little bit before I tackle the renovation finish... just didn't make any sense to go there and be sick the whole time and finding a doctor there to fix me up...

so... going just a little later... still need to do stuff here... I am so backed up with stuff to do...

what am I doing?

what ever it takes...

I don't think I'm going to keep Memphis...at all... cause with the shootings and all... it's just not where I need to be... I need to be in a place where there are no neighbors...period... people to me have been such a disappointment these days...so I'm thinking next year I will be somewhere else...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 03 19, 19, 11:21:34:AM » Reply

A fresh start in a location that is much more conducive to your health is a good choice.  Veterans benefits and accessibility to healthcare should also be a consideration.  I have a young friend whose family just moved from Colorado to northern Florida because she could get better healthcare (she was blown up in Iraq) to deal with ongoing surgeries and her lifelong health issues.  Florida offered the greatest access and least amount of waiting time and since she had already been flown there at least 5 times for previous surgeries, it made sense.  She and her family are also supported by her husband's family there, so they have familiarity that has helped her transition.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 03 19, 19, 12:36:18:PM » Reply

Florida is one of the states I really loved being in... but that was back then... too many weather issues and I don't like extreme heat... I don't know somewhere over the rainbow... but I've got to hurry and do stuff before I really get to old to do anything... times are changing... and the clock is ticking...

one of my wishes is to be in a place where I can just cut the lawn with a riding lawnmower and as far away from people as I can get... but close enough to get the to  store and get a loaf of bread...

I'm getting rid of Memphis... taxes are high and people have disappointed like no where else except Ohio.... but wait... they do have nice people in Ohio... they just live in another neighborhood...away from Hellsville...really...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 03 19, 19, 01:37:27:PM » Reply

There are a lot of lovely little rural towns in Oregon and you might like the no sales tax, luv.  We moved to a lovely little rural town in the bedroom community of Salem the State Capital and for a few years it was everything we wanted.  However, now people are moving out of Salem in droves and farmers are selling their land to developers and huge subdivisions are going in.  We were notified by our City Council and a meeting was held after the fact.  Business as usual, so there was no room to appeal the mass housing developments and there has been no provision for the infrastructure either.  No matter what research you do, you can never know what is going to be sprung on you in the future, but make sure you find out everything you can, luv, before you make your decision on a new place to call home.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 03 19, 19, 03:22:31:PM » Reply

This is so terrible looking for a place to call home... I gave in to Memphis cause my mom was from there... I know now why she left... to get away from the ignorance... but she brought herself up to Chicago... and it was a really nice place at the time... but look at it now... still nice but the neighborhood I was raised in is now infested with gunfire... you used to be able to walk down the street and  it's a nightmare... although my kin folks have moved out... except for one... who lives in a gated community... even he has been robbed...buildings that are being bull dozed down at a rate and the empty lots are worth a dollar... where as the apartments are really high in neighborhoods that was uncomfortable to me... high rise living... condos...

the cost of everything is so high... where we pay 2.30 avg for gasoline they remain in the 4.00 and 5.00 gallons.. although they have treat buses and train services...  quicker than driving your car... it's just not worth it to me to live there anymore...

the south is nice but the weather is so hot... I can't bear the heat... so I stay away from that... I love the east coast a lot...and I do like Tennessee... what I saw that was fascinating to me was Nashville, TN... music and amusement... that's cool and warm weather... one place I am looking at... or surrounding suburbs...

don't want to live near water...but would love to drive to water....

but it all depends on cost... got to find a place I can pay for in cash... and light on the utilities must be affordable.... after all I am retired and not looking for utopia...

just a place with no neighbors and a place to you cut grass with a riding lawnmower...

then I can rest in peace...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 03 20, 19, 05:20:26:AM » Reply

Go to a mid Atlantic state. Yes, we get 4 seasons but they are not like Ohio and not like SC or FL.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: time
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About